Notifications
Clear all

Is My Acne Now Cystic?

MemberMember
(@lthomas1990)

Posted : 02/16/2015 4:29 pm

This is what my skin looks like after using isotrex for the past 6+ weeks. Worse than when I started out. Has it now turned cystic do you think? Seeing my GP in the morning and am in a complete state, feel like there is no light at the end of this never-ending acne tunnel....:(

post-387802-0-50046700-1424122123.jpg

MemberMember
(@mrsrobinson)

Posted : 02/16/2015 8:29 pm

Okay I've suffered from cystic acne my entire life those are not cysts. I'm a little touchy about that. If this is your initial breakout then you ride through it. That is not bad enough for prednisone.

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 02/16/2015 8:58 pm

This is what my skin looks like after using isotrex for the past 6+ weeks. Worse than when I started out. Has it now turned cystic do you think? Seeing my GP in the morning and am in a complete state, feel like there is no light at the end of this never-ending acne tunnel....

I agree with the above poster that your acne is NOT cystic. True cysts are horrible, painful and can last for weeks on end. You are probably still going through the IB. I am starting my 8th week on differin and I broke out....again. By week 12 you should be starting to clear up or see more good days than bad days. If not, then it may be time to reevaluate your regimen.

MemberMember
(@arthasdk9)

Posted : 02/17/2015 5:30 am

In my opinion, you don't have any cyst. I think they are inflamed whiteheads and papules. Don't worry too much, your acne is not serious as you think :)

MemberMember
(@lthomas1990)

Posted : 02/17/2015 11:20 am

Sorry, I didn't mean to offend anyone it's just that I hadn't really got a pimple so large and deep in a long, long while and I just thought it was odd considering I'm over 6 weeks into the istorex. Plus I'm on lymecycline so surely any inflammation as such should be mitigated??

MemberMember
(@irishguy85)

Posted : 02/17/2015 6:10 pm

That's definitely not cystic acne

MemberMember
(@megtree)

Posted : 02/18/2015 3:42 pm

Sorry, I didn't mean to offend anyone it's just that I hadn't really got a pimple so large and deep in a long, long while and I just thought it was odd considering I'm over 6 weeks into the istorex. Plus I'm on lymecycline so surely any inflammation as such should be mitigated??

Hi - I am going to be the one dissenter and only say that it's difficult for me to tell from those pictures but it *could* be, especially if they are deep and throbbing. That being said, it sounds like you are in fact going through an IB. 6 weeks seems about right, mine didn't start until about my 5th week (I am assuming isotrex is isotretinoin?). Have patience! Also - are you taking the lymecycline under dermatologists supervision? I may be wrong, but I think that class of antibiotic can have severe interactions with isotretinoin. I am sure your dermatologist is following you and has you on it for a reason, but just in case I though I would mention it.

MemberMember
(@lthomas1990)

Posted : 02/18/2015 4:23 pm

I'm currently being referred to a dermo, so its just the GP for now. Got taken off lymecycline and put onto Doxy again (been on it twice in the past; first time worked really well second time not so well, but its been a while since I've been on it so maybe my skin will take to it better. Can you ever 'lose' antibiotic resistance?)

Started cleansing with Avene gentle cleanser now so maybe this shake up will help improve things a little. Still sticking with the isotrex too.