Notifications
Clear all

Cheek Acne, Please Help

MemberMember
(@psalm23)

Posted : 02/08/2015 9:23 pm

I am 27 years old and STILL struggling with acne. Part of me feels bad for complaining because I know it could be much worse but I'm so mad that I'm almost 30 and still have to worry about this.

I've been using proactiv for about a year. My skin stayed 90% clear for the first 8 months or so but now it stays broke out. I've been using tea tree oil, baking soda, taking biotin. NOTHING is helping. My diet is pretty good, I workout regularly. Stress is a huge factor as I'm always stressed out but that is nothing new. These past two weeks my acne has really exploded.

It's flesh colored in spots, red and inflamed in other spots. Mainly on my left cheek but also on my other cheek and my forehead. It itches when I get hot, It's VERY red after I wash it, even if I just use water.

I've attached pictures. If anyone could give me any tips or tell me what type of acne this is I would appreciate it. I am trying to make a dermatologist appt for this week.

post-450167-0-38826800-1423448555.jpg

post-450167-0-97727400-1423448555.jpg

MemberMember
(@psalm23)

Posted : 02/09/2015 7:58 pm

So, today the acne on my left cheek seems to be clearing a little but I have noticed that my forehead is worse and the corners of my nose are getting bumpy. I never really get acne on my nose so that is unusual to me.

My left cheek is still very bumpy but the redness seems a little better. I had a rough day at work today, just felt like everyone was looking at my skin.

MemberMember
(@healthyalmonds)

Posted : 02/09/2015 9:53 pm

The acne-causing bacteria may be in your nose and/or ears. My cystic acne was caused by bacteria in my nose. I killed the nasal bacteria with topical antibiotics and now I never get cystic acne.

Please read my post here

Best wishes

MemberMember
(@azarsega)

Posted : 02/09/2015 10:11 pm

do you consume dairy products??

for me dairy cause my skin to react the same way (that and my fish oil pills).