Notifications
Clear all

Post Accutane Flushing

MemberMember
(@unbroken94)

Posted : 01/26/2015 4:53 am

Hi I'm a new member on acne.org however I have long found useful information on these boards so I thought it was only right I helped people gain some input on a topic that concerned me. Whilst enduring an accutane course of 40mg a day 6 months I experienced major flushing especially when tired,nervous or hot. My ears felt as if they were burning and I would get a stinging burning sensation. Admittedly i did panic and was concerned I may have developed accutane induced rosacea, however since completing accutane I have noticed the redness decrease dramatically also the episodes of flushing , I may get one one on the odd occasion but mostly for less than a minute which is easily controlled by breathing as it is usually down to nerves, in comparison to on accutane where my face would burn for extensive periods of time, I have come to the conclusion that this was most likely a combination of high levels of vitamin A and dry skin emphasising the redness. I'm 4 months post tane and have only really notices a significant change in the last month, so I'm hopeful that as the accutane continues to leave my system this will last. I just hope this gives some people a peace of mind if they are going through the same thing

KitP and CW24 liked
MemberMember
(@umaid619)

Posted : 09/19/2015 9:08 am

Hi,

Yea i'm on day 9 and have already induced flushing, it sucks because without it i'm almost clear! :( i'm going to stop and take it once a week perhaps, on 20mg atm.

MemberMember
(@achref)

Posted : 01/01/2018 11:41 am

thank you so much :)