Notifications
Clear all

How To Get Better Results?

MemberMember
(@hopelessboy)

Posted : 01/04/2015 9:13 pm

Ive been following a "regimen" for several months now and it 95% works except for those extra pimples. What can I do to get closer to clear skin? My regimen is as follows:

Morning Shower: Clean and Clear Aloe Face Scrub Salicylic Acid

Night Face Wash: Clean and Clear 2.5% Benzoyl peroxide wash

Spot Treatment: Clean and clear 10% max persa gel

Moisturizer: Neutrogena Oil free moisture, combination skin

My skin is still oily at times and I also recently started shaving with the following,

Barbasol Soothing Aloe Shave Foam

Schick Hydro 5 Sensitive

With Hazel(for after)

I follow correct shaving technique with warm water to open pores and cold water rinse after im done.

Im not sure if the witch hazel is the problem, but ever since I started, I get more acne on the parts I shaved. Can someone please help? Thanks

MemberMember
(@hopelessboy)

Posted : 01/05/2015 4:54 pm

Anyone? Please help me!

MemberMember
(@mk04)

Posted : 01/05/2015 5:25 pm

I will always be an advocate of dieting first & foremost. Having that said, what is your diet like? Also, do you exercise or stay physically/mentally active?

Personally looking at your products, I think you're using too much. Did you ever try keeping it simple?

MemberMember
(@hopelessboy)

Posted : 01/05/2015 6:59 pm

I did change my diet a month ago to something healthier but once in a while when I indulge myself because of the temptation, i breakout more. I dont do excercise because I dont have time, I have to get up at 5 to go to school and Im afraid that if I excercise after school and take a shower, my moisturizer will be runny the next morning.

Also, what do you mean my using "too much"? Can you recommend what I take out?

MemberMember
(@mk04)

Posted : 01/06/2015 3:39 pm

I did change my diet a month ago to something healthier but once in a while when I indulge myself because of the temptation, i breakout more. I dont do excercise because I dont have time, I have to get up at 5 to go to school and Im afraid that if I excercise after school and take a shower, my moisturizer will be runny the next morning.

Also, what do you mean my using "too much"? Can you recommend what I take out?

Could you be more thorough with what you eat/have ate? If your acne gets worse, or is due to diet, you need to be very thorough. Don't tell me what you ate last night.. I know for most diet differs, but what do you have on a daily basis? What did you eat due to temptation that made you breakout more? You have 24 hours a day and you're saying you can't add in light exercises here and there? I am not talking about going to the gym and weight lifting. I'm talking about simple things such as push ups here and there, maybe a light job, stretching even, etc.. just to get your blood pumping. Do you have dry skin? If not, I don't think you should worry about moisturizing too much.

Well, I guess you don't use as much products as other people on here but I personally keep products that touch my face to a bare minimum.

Don't think about the products you use for a minute, and think about your lifestyle and write it here.