Notifications
Clear all

What Is This? Acne, Eczema?

MemberMember
(@raxar)

Posted : 01/01/2015 11:18 pm

I've attached a picture to this post. So about 6 months ago or so I got this one strange red patch above my eyebrow that just won't seem to ever go away. It doesn't itch or hurt but it scales up and then skin just flakes off like some fungal plant or something.

Initially I thought it would go away but it just doesn't seem to. Past few days I've been using Oregano Oil but to no avail and I've also tried Dead Sea salt too. I am just wanting some input on to what this exactly is and how I could get rid of it. I am a 21 year old male and I've also suffered from moderate to severe acne since about 15 but most of it subsided since I started using Differin Gel about 4 years ago, just leaving me with a dry reddish skin tone & occasional acne as of now. Thanks.

post-159658-0-80178200-1420172047.png

MemberMember
(@noche)

Posted : 01/02/2015 3:03 am

Do you go to the gym? , do you play any contact sport to think that it could be fungal? Like ringworm?though it doesn't have the ring.

Can you see a dermatologist?,

Retinoids can bring up eczema,

Differin is a mild retinoid.

But eczema,burns , itches and flakes.

Seborrheic dermatitis gets

red and flaky .

Hummm it's really hard , is it possible for you

to see a dermatologist?

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 01/02/2015 5:40 am

Looks like an eczema patch. I developed them while using the acne.org regimen. The one on my neck needed topical steroids to go away. I had to discontinue treatment of BP on my face for the eczema to stop.

Don't use differin on that part anymore and see if it goes away. If it doesn't, see a derm as eczema can spread and flair.

MemberMember
(@raxar)

Posted : 01/02/2015 4:50 pm

I don't go to the gym or play any sports at the moment. Also at the moment, I only put a very tiny spot on my cheeks as I am slowly trying to stop using Differin altogether as I've used it for 4 or so years now and I never put any on that spot. I'll try and get to a dermatologist.