Notifications
Clear all

I Know What Causes My Acne.

MemberMember
(@carbhater)

Posted : 12/31/2014 2:58 pm

Hey. Im Damian and I am 20 years old. I've had acne since I was 15-16 and i know the cause of my acne.. Whenever i eat something "dirty" or any carbohydrates i break out and not only breakout.. my skin becomes complete disaster, it becomes dry and has really unhealthy complexion , alot of bumps, pimples and stuff... After i eat something "that i know will break me out" ( and the list is long.. ) my skin becomes itchy, very annyoingly itchy!! My whole jaw itches :/. My skin is basically completely clear on steamed chicken breast + few vegetables ( i know for a fact that these are one of not many foods that are not making me break out ) . Whenever i make like 3 day water fast skin clears like a miracle in such a short time. Anyone has any idea what i could do? This is hilarious... I cannot eat ANY major carbohydrate ( doesn't matter if simple or complex ) and many other foods.. I hope someone will responds , cheers guys and happy new year everyone :)

MemberMember
(@noche)

Posted : 12/31/2014 5:11 pm

@CarbHater ....you gave yourself the answer ,cut dairy products.and sugar.

You probably react to citrus and berries , if so ,could be kind of eczema related .

The only thing to do is avoid the offending foods and if breaking out mild just using a mild cleanser like cerave hydrating cleanser and some topical sulfur or peroxide treatment, the acne.org benzoyl peroxide treatment is now my favorite , and if you can tolerate an exfoliating product,glycolic acid is mild , maybe once or twice a week.

That is if you decide to use over the counter products or go to the dermatologist to ask why are you reacting like that. Just don't let them prescribe hydrocortisone for redness,or hydrocorticosteroids , they take or the redness but in the long run end up blocking the pores.

Best wishes too!

MemberMember
(@carbhater)

Posted : 01/01/2015 6:23 pm

I know my acne is ONLY food-related so i have no reason going to dermatologist. The thing is i breakout eating "dry sausages" ( not sure how it's called in english but in polish it is "kabanos" ) as well. I breakout on most of "processed" foods . Im fine with eating fish ( herrings , salmons , tuna ) , steamed chicken breast ( some other meat give me bad complexion as well but chicken breast is like a cure - no itchy face after eating feels awesome ) . Might be bad bacterias in gut or something .

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 01/01/2015 8:39 pm

if its bad bacteria , get on doxycycline from the derm

works wonder for acne , cures from the inside

im on it aswell , working well

MemberMember
(@carbhater)

Posted : 01/01/2015 9:48 pm

Today im starting 3-day water fasting since it clears my skin so fast and make me feel so gooood. I might even post before and after pics , will see.

MemberMember
(@jakefromcleveland)

Posted : 01/02/2015 12:44 am

I definitely hear you. I think one of the most frustrating parts of having acne is not knowing what is causing it. I too breakout whenever I eat too much or have a lot of sugar, and like you, I get itchy whenever I'm about to breakout.

MemberMember
(@noche)

Posted : 01/02/2015 5:45 pm

@CarbHater ....ok .

I have hypothyroidism,.I don't know if that made my body allergic to most of the things that you are allergic to,

My dad said that is the preservatives that they put in the processed foods,sulphide,sulphate.

Anyways for me is hives ,itchines.

Frozen foods ,vegetables,fruits .

Dry fruits have the most .

So maybe the dry meats too.

I can eat chicken too , meats are heavy on my system, these days they put fillers in the steaks, people don't even know if they are eating a whole steak or pieces of ground beef formed and glue together using these fillers .

All wheat ,nuts ,corn are kept in warehouses for a long time and they collect mold , so maybe they have to clean that mold with a lot of chemicals,resulting in our bodies then having a difficult time processing those chemicals.

Sugars are bad too , most sugary foods are full of high fructose corn syrup.

So , just eat natural.

I know how frustrating it is for you, because people around me , react like huh ? You are allergic to what ,? I was tested for food allergies and they came out negative, even for peanuts , that break me out and form a lump in my throat, it's not the peanut itself, it's the mold that grew in the warehoused peanut, and after that processed sulphide ,sulphate(I don't remember the correct spelling) peanut.

Best wishes.

MemberMember
(@carbhater)

Posted : 01/02/2015 6:08 pm

@noche yeah not going to lie.. It's pretty hard since i'd like to bulk up a bit becuse im pretty skinny. Guess ill have to stick with chicken breast , vegetables , fishes and discover new food that won't break me out. Oh man :P.

MemberMember
(@mk04)

Posted : 01/02/2015 9:50 pm

Hey there.

Before even reading your post, I laughed to myself when I read "CarbHater" because I'm the same. Well.. I don't hate all carbs but most of the good ones, I CANNOT eat. I think we may be able to relate to each other..

Mind giving more background with your acne? Such as how it started, for how long, what you tried, etc. Could you also let us know how long you've been eating clean?

I believe that I'm in a very similar scenario, if not same, as you. I currently only eat veggies (salads included), chicken breast, salmon & fruits. BUT.. It may not be ALL carbs. Try eating sweet potatoes and see if you break out or not. I'm fine on them so I just want to see if you're the same.

MemberMember
(@carbhater)

Posted : 01/03/2015 8:46 am

Hey mk04. My acne started at the age of ~15 i believe. Before i used to eat loads of carbohydrates ( rice with chicken + sauce mostly ). And it seemed just fine. Then i started getting acne.. I read alot about it and i noticed whenever i eat carbs i get itchy face and loose that "clarity of mind" state and then i get pimples. Then i read about "3 day apple cure diet" for acne . Basically you eat nothing but apples and drink water throughout these 3 days. IT CLEARED ME. I mean my skin was so soft and everything lol , was pretty crazy. So i knew there's something wrong and my acne is food related. Now im during my water fast . 38 hours in , probably will do it for 72 hours , maybe more will see.. Ill probably do some before and after pics with bad quality cam tho : <.

MemberMember
(@mk04)

Posted : 01/03/2015 11:45 am

I started getting pimples around 18. I recently turned 22. Like you, I used to eat MANY and ALL foods just fine, including all the bad carbs you can name. Now, I can't even eat rice/bread without the fear of breaking out haha. Also, I do get a bit itchy as well.. I believe that we're both sensitive to these foods, not allergic (hopefully).

After all this, I am now planning to go to the doctors to see if I have any serious allergies or not so I can continue keeping acne at bay. I think anything that doesn't involve simple/some complex carbs will help clear our skin.

I don't think you need to do a water fast though.. But to each their own lol. When you're done with your fast, I recommend sweet potatoes as a source of carbs, and fruits (which you already know)

MemberMember
(@carbhater)

Posted : 01/03/2015 1:02 pm

Yes i've heard that for many people sweet potatoes are "safe". About water fast - it helps me clear my skin with amazing results , after fast ill probably check sweet potatoes like you mentioned and post about the outcome.