Notifications
Clear all

Chicago Winters -- Dry Skin

MemberMember
(@skinnie)

Posted : 12/21/2014 4:07 pm

I can't post a new product review because the site won't let me. (An error occurs every time I try!) Anyway, just wanted to throw the rec out there in case anyone is struggling with dry skin. Dry skin makes my acne worse and my treatments don't help because they're just adding to the dryness. But heavy moisturizers break me out.

Anyway...my dermatologist gave me samples of this stuff called Hyalis, but when I went online to buy it, it was RIDICULOUS how expensive the stuff was. I couldn't afford it, basically. So I found a similar product that I actually think works better. It's called DHC water base moisture. I use it under my CeraVe PM and I've been using it for around 2 months now and haven't struggled with any flaky or dry skin at all. If I'd had this stuff when I was on the regimen, it would have been a god send!

Anyway, it's like 17 bucks and I think it's really worth it for the job that it does. That said though, I can't use it alone. It's the combination of the CeraVe and the DHC that does it. I use like 3 different meds on my face and live in Chicago so I feel like if it can help my skin it could probably be useful for a lot of other people!