Notifications
Clear all

Folliculitis Or Acne On My Chin?

MemberMember
(@ua0740)

Posted : 10/29/2014 3:19 pm

So about a year and a half ago I started getting these little white pustules on my chin, the rest of my face was pretty clear with the odd period pimple here and there. It started in the summer so I thought it was heat rashes or something caused by the sun because my skin is pretty sensitive. It occasionally clears up a little but comes back later on in the day. It I pop them they get really irritated and it looks like red bumps. They are itchy and my chin is dry and flaky. I wash my face in the morning and night and have eaten the same way my whole life so I don't know if diet has much to do with it. Recently I finally went to a dermatologist and he took one look at it and prescribed me 333MG of Erythromycin to take 3x a day for one month. And at night to apply Stieva-A 0.025% tretinoin and to dab on dalacin 1% clindamycin phosphate in the morning after washing the Stieva-A off. I've also been using a clarisonic for about 3 months now and that seems to be cleaning my skin but not really doingn anything for my chin. I'm nearing the end of my antibiotics course and a couple of days ago it started getting worse (it was getting better before). I have a dermatologist appointment in December (Canadian healthcare system is a love/hate thing). Anyone have any suggestions for me or been in the same situation? The dermatologist never said what it was, i should have asked. But do you think it's folliculitis or just isolated acne? Does anyone have any experience with microdermabrasion for folliculitis?

Update: saw a GP today and he said it looks like folliculitis and he took a culture so we can get a definitive answer and see what is causing it

Update: the cultures showed normal skin flora. So I have no clue what to do, I don't want to keep using topical acne medications. I got a facial to unclog the pores and the lady said my pores are clogged from all the drying acne products i've been using so I hope that will help.

post-432579-0-16596300-1414613980_thumb.

MemberMember
(@bigtp258)

Posted : 10/30/2014 3:55 am

very interested in your diognosis too!

please keep us updated:)