Notifications
Clear all

How I Cured My Acne (W/o Drugs)

MemberMember
(@inalitterbox)

Posted : 11/08/2014 10:14 pm

hey op, link to those 80 bilion probiotics that u use please!!

MemberMember
(@tretinoin)

Posted : 11/08/2014 11:39 pm

would drinking yakult as a source of my probiotics be okay?

MemberMember
(@jim-bean)

Posted : 11/10/2014 2:09 am

On 11/4/2014 at 7:35 PM, naturaldoctor said:

Can you consume dairy products as this causes problems for most people (they are full of hormones)?

I don't recommend it. Try eliminating it from your diet for 3 weeks and see how you do. For many people, it promotes acne breakouts.

On 11/8/2014 at 4:09 AM, Twosteps said:

Isn't whey a derivative of milk?

Also, the whey you linked is like $50/pound seems pretty pricey.

Yes it is. But it doesn't have any lactose. Even many lactose intolerant people can drink whey protein. As for the whey brand I use, I would say it's a good price compared to other grass fed all natural undenatured whey protein. Whey is such an amazing dietary food source, that I think it's well worth the price.

On 11/9/2014 at 9:14 AM, litterbox said:

hey op, link to those 80 bilion probiotics that u use please!!

Natural Factors Ultimate Probiotic 12 12 Formula 60 Veggie Caps [Edited link out] =)

On 11/9/2014 at 10:39 AM, Antonthegreat said:

would drinking yakult as a source of my probiotics be okay?

I wouldn't recommend it. Dairy can exacerbate and cause acne flare ups.

MemberMember
(@twosteps)

Posted : 11/10/2014 2:59 pm

Thanks for replying.How long does a pound of the whey last you?

MemberMember
(@jim-bean)

Posted : 11/11/2014 6:03 pm

Thanks for replying. How long does a pound of the whey last you?

I buy the 5lb tubs, which last me one month. Everyone is different though, and have different protein per lb requirements. I need more because I lift weights/ strength training.

MemberMember
(@joshuthomas)

Posted : 11/11/2014 8:27 pm

excellent thread! Yes i agree, diet is an important aspect to cure or supress acne but sometimes it doesn't really help especially when its hormonal.

MemberMember
(@jim-bean)

Posted : 12/12/2014 1:11 am

excellent thread! Yes i agree, diet is an important aspect to cure or supress acne but sometimes it doesn't really help especially when its hormonal.

Thanks. But I disagree - hormones are directly affected by nutrition!

MemberMember
(@garethbale13)

Posted : 02/18/2015 12:26 am

What is "NAC" in the supplements part? I agree with the rest, it makes sense that you need to be healthy

MemberMember
(@garethbale13)

Posted : 02/19/2015 2:16 am

Also how do you guys think I'd respond to quitting 150mg Minocycline daily and jumping right into this regimen?

MemberMember
(@cat21)

Posted : 12/09/2016 11:04 am

There are tons of products that are bad for your overall health in the long run. Applying chemicals to your skin is literally adding those into your blood stream. Even if you find a product that seems to have your skin under control it eventually stops working! Your skin becomes immune to it.

I have suffered from acne since I was 12 years-old. I have used EVERYTHING there is to use, from Accutane, birth control pills, BP, creams, you name it. NOTHING seems to get rid of the problem, it always came back (sadly).

Over the years and a lot of trial and error I have come to find the best natural products that work great for my skin and have worked for many of my friends. Here is a list of products I use to keep my skin clear!

1. Face wash. This is by far THE BEST face wash there is. The huge bottle lasts you for months. I use it to wash my hair sometimes too. I alternate, some days I use the peppermint and some days the Tea Tree one.
    1. Dr. Brooner's Peppermint All Natural Soap
    2. Dr. Brooner's Tea Tree All Natural Soap
  2. I then tone my face. This step you DO NOT want to miss. It makes a whole lot of difference. TRUST ME! The one I know will work for you as it does for me is the Thayers Rose Petal Witch Hazel toner. Read the reviews yourself. It is amazing.
  3. Then I moisturize my face with a Vitamin Cserum. The best one I've tried is this one:
    1. Best Vitamin C Serum
  4. The last thing I do is AVOID ALL DAIRY!
MomLisa liked