Guidance

MemberMember
(@jenjen84)

Posted : 10/15/2014 10:03 pm

Hi guys I need some advise because noone in my family knows and understands the struggle, I have mild to moderate acne sparingly over my face I get like 3 breakouts that get under the skin and are persistent and difficult to go away.I can however go some days acne free but very rare I've tried all products its been 17 years for me and my dermatologist is telling me that accutane (isotretinoin) 20mg is the answer.im scared of possible long term effects and don't have severe acne so? I'm wondering if its a good idea I wanna not feel this acne depression anymore:(

MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 10/15/2014 11:10 pm

I can totally relate to family not understanding...no one else in my whole family had acne...parents, grandparents, sibs, cousins...NO ONE...but me. Adult acne sucks...I was so happy to finally turn 20 but watched my 20's come and go and part of my 30's before I finally took matters into my own hands and took charge of my condition with a strict topicals regimen that completely cleared me until the condition finally resolved itself 6 years ago. My advice: DON'T GIVE UP!! You'll find what works for you to get you clear until your acne finally resolves on its own. I'm hoping you won't have as long to wait as I did. Many out there are still dealing with it well into their 40s, 50s and beyond. But never give up...there's a solution for you out there!!

Sending you a big hug! :)

MemberMember
(@jenjen84)

Posted : 10/15/2014 11:34 pm

Thank you Debra YR

Yes it's hard because I don't think my acne is severe but they get ugly.im stressing more wondering what decision to make I'm very torn.