Notifications
Clear all

Good Looking People With Acne

MemberMember
(@mikael)

Posted : 09/27/2014 4:09 pm

Do you guys think that acne, scars, hyper pigmentation, blemishes etc., on good looking person can make them less attractive? People have said I am attractive, specially from opposite sex but ever since i turned 19, I've been getting acne and it has been slowly deteriorating my confidence.

Opinions?

MemberMember
(@acnesufferer321)

Posted : 09/29/2014 11:12 am

I feel like I was attractive before acne. People still tell me I'm attractive, many people even told me my boyfriend was "out of my league" when I thought he was more attractive than me. Ever since acne though I just feel downright ugly. Like I disgust myself whenever I look in the mirror :( on days when my acne is good though, and it's been getting a lot better progressively, I feel better about myself. I think it's undeniable acne makes us physically unattractive but we make ourselves more unattractive by losing so much confidence/self esteem.

MemberMember
(@paigers)

Posted : 09/29/2014 12:59 pm

I don't mind acne to be honest. It's never bothered me when I look at someone, even in more severe cases. A lot of my friends growing up went through bad acne, and my brother, whom I looked up to as a child, went through it, too. When I look at someone, I don't look at their skin as a defining point.

But on another note, when I look at myself, I'm very quick to judge my skin and acne, and it kills my confidence!

MemberMember
(@mazgan)

Posted : 09/29/2014 7:00 pm

yes i would be good looking if i didnt have so many scars on my face that makes me look like shit.

with scars on thier face, any1 can turn ugly.

MemberMember
(@rudy23)

Posted : 09/30/2014 5:05 am

I might be weird but I find girls with acne more attractive (Attractive, not beautiful) than girls with perfect skin. I wish I feel the same way about myself.

MemberMember
(@mikael)

Posted : 10/06/2014 11:57 pm

Would you honestly say that Angelina Jolie or Brad Pitt would be unattractive if they had acne?

MemberMember
(@mazgan)

Posted : 10/07/2014 3:15 am

Would you honestly say that Angelina Jolie or Brad Pitt would be unattractive if they had acne?

they would not look good at all if they have severe acne and serve acne scarring. maybe they will look ok from a distance.

MemberMember
(@jakitoy)

Posted : 10/07/2014 8:54 am

I have seen men and women having acnes, but they are looking so pretty. That means, their faces are nice looking,but their skin has mane acnes . And also i have the acnes in my face that makes me bother sometimes.

MemberMember
(@claroquesi)

Posted : 10/07/2014 9:41 am

I used to be good a looking person but I am not anymore and It's making me very unhappy... I don't feel like a normal guy since 6 years ago.

Hope your acne's problems do not take so long time as mine.

MemberMember
(@hamdinger)

Posted : 10/07/2014 10:13 am

I think when we look at ourselves with acne, the spots/cysts/scars/redness... is all we can see, and we overlook our lovely features. So most of it is in our heads, and other people are looking at your eyes or your smile more than your zits. Acne messes up your perceptions of yourself. It is so interesting how one day, in one mirror, with a certain light, things just don't look so bad, but the next day in a different mirror you are falling apart.

It's a lot easier for me to see other people with acne as attractive, but not myself. Part of it is empathy and understanding, and part of it is distance from the low-self-esteem-goggles.

People say I am very good looking, and even with acne I have had no trouble meeting guys (like, really sexy successful ones too). Ever. I really don't understand how they see past my acne, but they do! Don't worry, OP, you will still get attention from the opposite sex. And acne isn't forever

MemberMember
(@twosteps)

Posted : 10/07/2014 10:27 am

Brad Pitt got dermabrasion

MemberMember
(@dot-to-dot)

Posted : 10/07/2014 10:38 am

Cameron Diaz has acne breakouts and still looks attractive! Kurt Cobain had bad skin and he was gorgeous!

If someone's going to be so shallow they don't want you as a friend/lover just because you've got acne, then that person aint worth knowin'!

I'd rather have acne and my great personality (:D) than be flawless and really dull, and same goes with friends and boyfriends.

MemberMember
(@gb)

Posted : 06/27/2019 11:54 am

A very condescending part is when you are physically attractive, and people see you with severe acne..they feel sorry for you in a funny way. Some people will tell, "you wasted your good looks" ... "why your parents forsaken you" . i mean i dont like this either. nobody does. ..then i feel depressed.

MemberMember
(@sibel)

Posted : 06/28/2019 2:34 pm

Acne is a disease which is damages permanently your skin. And your mind. It makes any person unattractive. You always lose near people with healthy skin. The society judges you for acne and scars. The harsh reality.