Notifications
Clear all

Recurring Cysts

MemberMember
(@battle2011)

Posted : 09/20/2014 4:22 am

I have been in a horrible circle for the past 2 weeks.

When a cyst starts, grows a whitehead and I pop it, another cyst starts the next day.

It is really depressing.

I can not leave those huge pustular inflamed pimples on my face when going to work, and I have to pop them.

They do not leave any scar, which is good... But I am fed up with a new cyst growing 24 hours after.

Nothing stops them. Tee tree oil, propolis.... Duac cream. They still grow....

Depressing, really.

MemberMember
(@healthyalmonds)

Posted : 09/20/2014 7:06 am

Do you get frequent nose sores or ear infections? The pimples may be a Staph infection and they could be coming from your nose/ear.

MemberMember
(@mrsrobinson)

Posted : 09/20/2014 8:02 am

okay, they aren't cysts- count your blessings that they aren't and don't use that word- I've literally had hundreds, they are deep under the skin and they NEVER come to a head, they linger there for months....so no cysts

you have pustular acne, what are you using to control it? the BP routine on this site will help with that- you need patience and to stick with a good routine for 30 days-

tell us what FULL routines you've tried and for how long

how is your diet? do you eat a lot of dairy and processed foods?

MemberMember
(@battle2011)

Posted : 09/20/2014 1:00 pm

Do you get frequent nose sores or ear infections? The pimples may be a Staph infection and they could be coming from your nose/ear.

I actually do get frequent ear infection. I had my pimples tested but they did not find staph aureus in them. They found staph epidermis, for which I was treated with antibiotics. I am now suspecting that a contact allergy might be triggering these breakouts. I have been using a new soap / hydrating cream following to treat the first pustular pimple i had in months. Everything just spread out to the rest of my face then....

MemberMember
(@healthyalmonds)

Posted : 09/20/2014 9:25 pm

Ah okay. I would get frequent nose sores and I treated it with triple antibiotic ointment. I checked for Staph presence, and saw I completely removed them.

That stopped future nose sores and also eliminated the large pustules I got. I've tested the ears of some friends for Staph

and the guy that had the heaviest concentration also got frequent infections in that ear.

How large are the pustules? My Staph folliculitis pustules were few but deep. They've caused scars, though. That deviates from what you experience.

MemberMember
(@battle2011)

Posted : 09/21/2014 2:19 am

okay, they aren't cysts- count your blessings that they aren't and don't use that word- I've literally had hundreds, they are deep under the skin and they NEVER come to a head, they linger there for months....so no cysts

you have pustular acne, what are you using to control it? the BP routine on this site will help with that- you need patience and to stick with a good routine for 30 days-

tell us what FULL routines you've tried and for how long

how is your diet? do you eat a lot of dairy and processed foods?

You might be right in writing they're not cysts. But they are quite unsighful. They are huge pustules which grows for 2/3 days before coming to a head. And when they do come to a head, they are still hard to pop. If I do not pop them, they are staying for quite some times. I get that benzoyl peroxide might be a solution but I have tried that in the past. Here is all I had:

3 rounds of accutane (without hydrating cream, mind you, because 20 years ago, my doc thought it was not necessary)

Multiple rounds of tetracyclin and other antibiotics

Multiple rounds of benzoyl peroxide treatments

Multiple rounds of differin cream

Tee tree oil

Well, pretty much everything that exists.

Whatever soap I use breaks me out.

Whatever hydrating cream I use breaks me out.

I am not relying on propolis, but that does not fully stop the breakouts.

Recently, I tried a new hydrating cream and started getting those huge pustules again.

I guess they are caused by something I am allergic to in these products.

I also stopped eating gluten and dairy completely, but last week I reintroduced gluen (pasta).

Might have contributed.

All in all, if I follow a strict regimen: No gluten, no dairy, no soap, no hydratation, I am more or less clear.

But now I have to break that terrible pustular cycle. I can already see that the next one is getting ready.

It is very, very frustrating!

MemberMember
(@battle2011)

Posted : 09/21/2014 6:18 am

Ah okay. I would get frequent nose sores and I treated it with triple antibiotic ointment. I checked for Staph presence, and saw I completely removed them.

That stopped future nose sores and also eliminated the large pustules I got. I've tested the ears of some friends for Staph

and the guy that had the heaviest concentration also got frequent infections in that ear.

How large are the pustules? My Staph folliculitis pustules were few but deep. They've caused scars, though. That deviates from what you experience.

Pustules are pretty large. The one I have now is having at least 3 heads inside. I managed to pop one of them this morning, but it is still swollen from the remaining pus which I could not get out. I have no clue why they are getting so big. It's really frustrating. They are quite deep as well, in that that they hurt and they take a good 5 days to mature....

MemberMember
(@megamikey)

Posted : 09/21/2016 8:18 am

these sounds similar to the pustules I have now, which I think are a reaction to probiotics. anyone ever found a solution?