Notifications
Clear all

Staph In My Nose Caused My Pimples

MemberMember
(@healthyalmonds)

Posted : 01/23/2015 2:11 am

You are definitely on to something here.

I've been using a similar method to clean my nostrils and ears for 5 days morning and evening and I didn't get one single pimple since.

Since I'm from Europe and don't have access to TAO, I've been using cotton buds dunked in colloidal silver. Unfortunately I don't have access to all those tools to measure, but I'll continue to do so for a month.

I really hope you can continue with this research on your students and afterwards make it to a paper or something. I'm 100% certain it will be worthy.

Edit: Also, I've been using so many antimicrobials in the past 2-3 years that no bacteria should have survived on my face. There is definitely another source of it, whether it's the nostrils, the ears or in the neck. And I'm certain everyone else is in the same situation.

What's especially great about your use of colloidal silver is that it would be nearly impossible for bacteria to develop a complete resistance to it. It is safe for humans and incredibly effective against bacteria.

I just read a Nature article http://www.nature.com/news/silver-makes-antibiotics-thousands-of-times-more-effective-1.13232 that discusses how much more effective antibiotics are when coupled with silver. A winning combination!

Bacterion liked
MemberMember
(@bacterion)

Posted : 01/24/2015 6:20 am

I still haven't got one single pimple since I've started this. I only have one non-inflamed clogged pore on my forehead and some blackheads, just like everyone else gets once in a while.

As proof of this, whenever I used to wash my ears with water, I would get pain that lasted for 1-2 days. I thought they were sensitive to water so I had been dry cleaning them for the past few years. Whenever I picked my nose, no matter how gentle, I would also get sores and sometimes even bleeding. Now the ear pain and nose sores are gone.

Logically, It could be that s. aureus is causing the initial inflammation response (which happens before the comedones form, as a response to it). In most cases it gets killed by the free fatty acids that compose the sebum (I've read an article about that long ago but I no longer remember where) and the comedones that form are filled by the skin's natural microbiome, with p. acnes abundantly.

I've been thinking for a while that it is not a single bacteria at work here as previously thought (p. acnes), but an entire microbiome. Some also get oily flakes/dandruff that worsen the inflammation response and antifungal creams solve that.

This need so much more research.

MemberMember
(@healthyalmonds)

Posted : 01/24/2015 11:56 am

This is an excellent read. I agree that there is more bacteria involved than P. acnes. We all have that species in our skin yet only some of us get acne.

Very interesting about the initial inflammatory response caused by S. aureus. Their early death would explain how pus swabs don't always show Staph presence.

I believe our nose and ears are the primary reservoirs of acne-causing bacteria, especially S. aureus. It would explain the recurrence despite the use of products on the skin.

I believe I thoroughly altered my nasal microbiota after TAO. The organisms that recolonized my nasal passages after I stopped do not have the same ability to cause acne and cysts.

MemberMember
(@healthyalmonds)

Posted : 01/27/2015 6:38 pm

Gram-negative face folliculitis is primarily caused by Pseudomonas. http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/1055221-treatment . Pseudomonas is commonly associated with swimmer's ear and chronic middle ear infections. https://microbewiki.kenyon.edu/index.php/Pseudomonas_aeruginosa_infection#Ear

The ears as a Pseudomonas reservoir may also result in chronic acne.

TAO is highly effective against Pseudomonas http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16368476

MemberMember
(@healthyalmonds)

Posted : 02/15/2015 2:19 pm

In 2012, Rebecca http://www.earthclinic.com/cures/boils9.html posted that her and her family's skin boils were cured by triple antibiotic ointment into their nose and ears.

I am pasting that post here:

[YEA] My family became plagued with boils for many years while working in Romanian Hospitals. I really believe I have come up with a viable cure for boils. The concept of iodine or any other topical treatment is it kills the infection to some degree. If you place triple antibiotic ointment in your nose, where staph grows, and in your ears, you will cut the spreading of it. Scrub you skin with an rough washcloth and antibiotic body wash. Bleach your tub every time you use it so others and yourself will not be reinfected. Staph grows in your nose, ears and other warm wet places, but, mostly on your skin. It appears to be external, and that is where you have to fight it. It is highly contagious.

Triple anti biotic, like Neosporin, seems to be the cure, when placed in the nose in pea sized amounts. We beat it after a long battle very quickly after starting this treatment and this method has kept us free and helped others. It is proven to really be a answer to the boil problem.

- See more at: http://www.earthclinic.com/cures/boils9.html#sthash.M87G9FvI.dpuf

MemberMember
(@healthyalmonds)

Posted : 02/18/2015 11:03 am

Here is -DD's http://www.reddit.com/r/SkincareAddiction/comments/2t2cpu/elimination_of_staphylococcus_aureus_from_my_nose/coow22q experience with TAO into the nostrils.

I just wanted to say, Thank you. This information changed my life and it's only been 5 days since I found out about it and tried it.

What I thought was just nasal/sinus suffering due to allergies for years of my life is completely gone. No swelling, no irritation, no scabs in my nose, any pressured feeling or trouble breathing or stuffiness of any kind, just gone. I have a completely normal functioning nose and sinus's.

Also, from what I can tell so far my cystic acne I had left is going away and nothing new has come up. Just regular clogged pores to deal with, no inflamed big pimples or anything cystic new so far.

I wish I would have taken pics but this sounded so simple I didn't really expect much. I have body acne as well that I scratch at a lot and I would get bad pimple from that witch I thought was just because of me irritating it/pushing the infection inwards/having dirty hands in general but now, I think it was due to me always fiddling with my "allergy" nose then touching my skin, spreading this most likely all over my body.

That too, seems to be going away and nothing new. YEARS, of my life spent like this. SO much inflammation in my sinus/nose/middle head area has gone done I feel so relaxed. I use to grind my teeth or clench them hard because of a persistent pressure built up from my nose area always being so irritated and that feeling started to go away within 4 hours of first application. After night one going to bed with it, for the first time in years I didn't wake up with at least one pimple under my nose.

Just feeling the relief it brought to my nose and whole middle face area that I could never relieve even with allergy meds form my dr, made me turn to my husband and want to cry. Years of this always, and within 4 hours it was going away because of TAO in my damn nose.

I'm breathing so clearly right now and it feels so wonderful. The fact that it's helping with my skin is just a bonus to me.

Thank you for getting the word out on this! I will appreciate it for the rest of my life. :)

MemberMember
(@rocketboysf)

Posted : 02/24/2015 1:34 am

hi healthy almonds!!

you really are a messenger from god for me!! Tears rolled in my eyes as I was reading your posts. Finally something that relates to my problems, I have been looking for some clues like this past 2 years like crazy.

I am constantly developping white pus zits around mouth and chin! I started developing this about 2 years ago.
Symptoms
---------------
- constant small white pus zits around mouth and chin. dry up in about 2-3 days.
- few more start when one stops!
- red bumps
- redness
- All these symptoms only around nose , mouth and chin. rest of the face is clear!
- constant Dandruff also.
- I do get these zits sometimes in my nose...but very rare.. handful times in last 2 years.
This thing brought me down so much in my life! There are days when i just sit in my room and cry because I have pretty much tried everything under the sun. I am even worried to go meet my sisters kids sad.png Please help share your expertise and what worked for you guys. Please drop a note and i really need your support to keep me motivated to see the light at the end of tunnel.
Can you please let me know if I need to apply the "triple anti biotic ointment" only in nose or chin, around mouth also ? please advise. I just got a bad flare up couple of weeks ago and went to GP and got another round of anti biotics. Its subsiding a bit but I have a feeling its resistant to minicycline as i still see zits popping. by TAO you guys mean Triple Anti Biotic ointment :) ?
thanks for your help again!

post-449454-0-66268200-1424759653.jpg

post-449454-0-88856200-1424759654.jpg

post-449454-0-01602600-1424759656.jpg

post-449454-0-00605800-1424759657.jpg

post-449454-0-89786200-1424759657.jpg

post-449454-0-83810000-1424759658.jpg

post-449454-0-93592500-1424759659.jpg

post-449454-0-88872000-1424759660.jpg

post-449454-0-78490600-1424759661.jpg

post-449454-0-79020000-1424759662.jpg

MemberMember
(@healthyalmonds)

Posted : 02/24/2015 2:33 am

Glad to help.

I would say it's most important to put the Triple Antibiotic Ointment into your nostrils. You likely have much more acne-causing bacteria in your nose than on your skin. You can put them on your popped pimples as well; I and others have noticed reduced redness when TAO was applied to freshly popped pimples.

People have noticed a difference after only a couple of days of daily TAO and I am hopeful that you will see positive results quickly. Keep us updated and best wishes :)

MemberMember
(@healthyalmonds)

Posted : 02/24/2015 2:59 am

I would like to say that while I and others have/had Staph in our nostrils that caused our cystic acne, it is possible that Staph is in your outer ear as well. I've noticed that people who mostly have jawline acne have Staph in their ears while people who mostly get their acne around their nose and chin have Staph in their nostrils.

I've posted about him before but here is an example of a guy who had Staph in his ears 4KOM9yy.jpg but did not have any Staph in his nostrils. He put TAO in his ears as soon as he found out he was positive (yellowing on the plate) and he has seen a SIGNIFICANT reduction in his acne breakouts. Seriously. If only I could convince him to show before and after pics

Just keep in mind that the acne-causing bacteria may be in your nose, it may be in your ears, or it may be in both your nose and ears. TAO is safe to apply into either one.

MemberMember
(@canucklehead12)

Posted : 03/07/2015 7:47 pm

I've been trying this in tandem with the caveman regimen (water only), definitely seeing some results so far. I only get white pus filled pimples around my mouth and nose.

I did find that when my skin around my mouth was extremely dry, I had a massive breakout and huge pustules. Do you think the bacteria was thriving when my skin was the most broken? Since then I've been using jojoba oil to moisturize and my skin seems to have recovered, haven't seen anything since.

Cheers,

MemberMember
(@healthyalmonds)

Posted : 03/07/2015 9:09 pm

I've been trying this in tandem with the caveman regimen (water only), definitely seeing some results so far. I only get white pus filled pimples around my mouth and nose.

I did find that when my skin around my mouth was extremely dry, I had a massive breakout and huge pustules. Do you think the bacteria was thriving when my skin was the most broken? Since then I've been using jojoba oil to moisturize and my skin seems to have recovered, haven't seen anything since.

Cheers,

Prior to TAO, I found that I was much more likely to break out in areas I itched with my fingers. I believe I had nasal fluid full of Staph on my fingers when I touched another part of my face. The scratching did a good job of introducing that bacteria into my pores.

I can definitely see where cracked skin on your chin allowed for more bacteria to go deeper into your pores and cause your massive breakout. Even if you didn't touch the area with your fingers, I can see how exhaling out of your nose or nasal drainage throughout the course of the day brought the bacteria to your mouth and chin.

That's awesome that you are seeing improvement with your regimen. I completely eliminated my Staph and I now have no concerns about touching my face and having cysts develop. It's been such a game changer for me and others and the more success stories there are, the more likely others will try and benefit as well :)

MemberMember
(@canucklehead12)

Posted : 03/09/2015 1:30 pm

How long did you keep applying the TAO for? I was thinking a month would probably suffice, and go from there.

I'm also trying out oil pulling (oil swishing in mouth) with organic coconut oil twice a day. Makes sense for me to at least try it, since all my breakouts are around my mouth. No clue if it will help, but worst comes to worst my teeth will be cleaner! There have been quite a few testimonials of it working as well.

MemberMember
(@healthyalmonds)

Posted : 03/10/2015 10:37 am

I put it in 1-2x every day for a month. The bacteria was gone after 20 days.

Cool with the coconut oil. You can never go wrong when the worst case scenario still improves something :)

MemberMember
(@arts)

Posted : 04/01/2015 11:06 pm

Thank you so much for this information. It makes perfect sense. I started using an anti-staph ointment 2 days ago in my nose, ears and also on the pimples themselves and it seems things are already getting better. You might have found the cure for a lot of people!

MemberMember
(@healthyalmonds)

Posted : 04/02/2015 6:21 pm

Thank you so much for this information. It makes perfect sense. I started using an anti-staph ointment 2 days ago in my nose, ears and also on the pimples themselves and it seems things are already getting better. You might have found the cure for a lot of people!

Awesome that you are seeing improvements so quickly :)

I truly believe that the presence of Staph explains rosacea,

Rosacea-6.jpg

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2259005 seborrheic dermatitis,

seborrheic_dermatitis_117.jpg

eczema http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16965415 and a host of other chronic facial conditions. There appears to be a common theme with the location of the disease.

As for cystic acne, It may be nasal Staph as the cause of chronic acne around the nose/chin

Picture_008_800_570_http:www.pcds.org.uk

and ear bacteria as the cause of chronic jawline, neck and back acne.

girl-with-acne-300x199.jpg

MemberMember
(@arts)

Posted : 04/02/2015 11:56 pm

But I think it's also important to realize that bacteria can spread, especially during the night. I like to sleep on my stomach and no matter how hard I try to fall asleep on my back I always end up waking up on my stomach with my cheeks resting on the pillow. It's hard to tell how much I toss and turn during the night, potentially spreading bacteria all over my face.

Also, is there any explanation why breakouts form a distinct cluster or shape? Can it be a sign that it is indeed Staph or maybe some other bacteria? I've attached a photo of my cheek as an example (there is some ointment on the pimples, which is yellow and doesn't get absorbed).

post-186615-0-65997000-1428038230.jpg

MemberMember
(@healthyalmonds)

Posted : 04/03/2015 1:24 am

Yes, I can see that being the reason why frequently changing pillowcases is beneficial for some. Ear muffs or nasal plugs could help, but that's certainly inconvenient :)

As for break out clusters, I'd speculate that it is a result of direct contact with something that has Staph or other bacteria on it. Sweating or nasal/ear drainage may cause clusters as well. Staph and other bacteria don't have the ability to travel on the skin surface on their own.

Is your acne primarily along your ear and jawline or around your nose and chin? I can see it being easier to spread Staph onto a pillowcase if it is in the ears as opposed to being in the nostrils. Also, sleeping on a pillowcase with acne-causing bacteria on it creates an opportunity for the bacteria to incubate off your body temperature and enhance its growth.

MemberMember
(@arts)

Posted : 04/03/2015 1:43 am

Yes, I can see that being the reason why frequently changing pillowcases is beneficial for some. Ear muffs or nasal plugs could help, but that's certainly inconvenient :)

As for break out clusters, I'd speculate that it is a result of direct contact with something that has Staph or other bacteria on it. Sweating or nasal/ear drainage may cause clusters as well. Staph and other bacteria don't have the ability to travel on the skin surface on their own.

Is your acne primarily along your ear and jawline or around your nose and chin? I can see it being easier to spread Staph onto a pillowcase if it is in the ears as opposed to being in the nostrils. Also, sleeping on a pillowcase with acne-causing bacteria on it creates an opportunity for the bacteria to incubate off your body temperature and enhance its growth.

The last one is mind-boggling :) What a scary world we live in :)

I have absolutely zero acne around my nose and chin. It's mostly cheeks, forehead (especially temples) and jawline. So, I guess that shows a clear sign of Staph in my ears, huh?

I've experinced some discomfort in my nose, though, as you stated in your previous posts, and always brushed it off as unimportant and a result of dryness. However, since starting on the ointment the discomfort is almost completely gone.

MemberMember
(@healthyalmonds)

Posted : 04/03/2015 11:27 am

It does seem likely that your acne-causing bacteria is in your ear. Though, based on your nasal discomfort, it could be in both your ears and nostrils.

With the people I've tested for Staph most had it at one site and not the other; though a few had it in both. I was surprised it wasn't in my ears considering how heavy of a Staph carrier I was. Have you taken antibiotics to treat your acne? I can see a situation where antibiotics kill off Staph's competition and allows it to colonize multiple sites through touching.

That's really cool that your nasal discomfort is almost gone. It is such a relief to not have to deal with nasal pimples :)

MemberMember
(@arts)

Posted : 04/06/2015 2:59 am

It does seem likely that your acne-causing bacteria is in your ear. Though, based on your nasal discomfort, it could be in both your ears and nostrils.

With the people I've tested for Staph most had it at one site and not the other; though a few had it in both. I was surprised it wasn't in my ears considering how heavy of a Staph carrier I was. Have you taken antibiotics to treat your acne? I can see a situation where antibiotics kill off Staph's competition and allows it to colonize multiple sites through touching.

That's really cool that your nasal discomfort is almost gone. It is such a relief to not have to deal with nasal pimples :)

Even though I've never taken antibiotics I have used a topical with an antibiotic in it for a long time.

For now the progress is mixed. I've been having new breakouts lately, two of them are large, painful and inflamed. I'll stick it out for the entire month and let you know.

MemberMember
(@healthyalmonds)

Posted : 04/08/2015 4:20 pm

Even though I've never taken antibiotics I have used a topical with an antibiotic in it for a long time.

For now the progress is mixed. I've been having new breakouts lately, two of them are large, painful and inflamed. I'll stick it out for the entire month and let you know.

Out of curiosity, which anti staph ointment are you using? Is it Staph specific (gram +) or does it have broader antimicrobial properties?

Also, do you have family members or are in a relationship with someone who suffers from cystic acne or suffer from frequent ear/nose aches?

I just found out that my mother and sister are both Staph carriers in their ears. They don't suffer from acne but are prone to ear aches. It wouldn't surprise me if we spread Staph to one another simply by living together and touching the same things.

MemberMember
(@arts)

Posted : 04/09/2015 1:24 am

Out of curiosity, which anti staph ointment are you using? Is it Staph specific (gram +) or does it have broader antimicrobial properties?

Also, do you have family members or are in a relationship with someone who suffers from cystic acne or suffer from frequent ear/nose aches?

I just found out that my mother and sister are both Staph carriers in their ears. They don't suffer from acne but are prone to ear aches. It wouldn't surprise me if we spread Staph to one another simply by living together and touching the same things.

None of my immediate family have acne or ear/nose aches. Neither does my boyfriend. My father used to have severe acne as a young adult. My older brother also had a light/mild case of acne in his teens. However, come to think of it, my father does have a weird redness to his neck.

The ointment I'm using fights different kinds of bacteria (gram positive and negative alike). As far as my progress is concerned, the weird reocurring patches of pustules have stopped forming, though I still get the old and familiar large inflamed pimples mostly on my cheeks, some of them cystic. That's why I'm resuming using BP. Perhaps, not washing my face but continuing to touch it and sleeping on my face made it a lot easier for the bacteria to spread. Even if that was the case, the staph is not the only contributor to my acne it seems.

MemberMember
(@healthyalmonds)

Posted : 04/09/2015 4:22 am

None of my immediate family have acne or ear/nose aches. Neither does my boyfriend. My father used to have severe acne as a young adult. My older brother also had a light/mild case of acne in his teens. However, come to think of it, my father does have a weird redness to his neck.

The ointment I'm using fights different kinds of bacteria (gram positive and negative alike). As far as my progress is concerned, the weird reocurring patches of pustules have stopped forming, though I still get the old and familiar large inflamed pimples mostly on my cheeks, some of them cystic. That's why I'm resuming using BP. Perhaps, not washing my face but continuing to touch it and sleeping on my face made it a lot easier for the bacteria to spread. Even if that was the case, the staph is not the only contributor to my acne it seems.

it may take some time for you to sufficiently remove your acne-causing bacteria. If there is anything I am confident of with TAO treatment, it's reduction/elimination of cystic acne :)

Here is a plate of a guy who was a heavy Staph carrier in both of his nostrils. hhfsPhV.jpg

He suffered from monthly nasal pimples and the occasional skin boil. He put TAO in his nostrils 1-2x for a week and he swabbed his nose again. ZBIbnzF.jpg

It appears as if there was no reduction in Staph presence. After seeing that plate, he consistently added TAO to his nostrils twice a day. This is his nose after about 24 days. uYL75W5.jpg

He appears to have decolonized Staph from his right nostril but still has residual Staph in his left. Mine was gone after 20 days. He still carried Staph after 24. Also, no nasal pimples since he started.

MemberMember
(@par123)

Posted : 06/10/2015 11:57 pm

Healthyalmonds,

you're just absolutely, positively awesome! and wherever you are, you're my kindred spirit. I've been thinking about attacking S. aureus myself for the past few weeks and I just found your posts on reddit today!

I've been on two courses of Accutane and about a year after my last course, I started getting these weird pustules around my upper lip area and mouth. They were so different from the acne I'd every had. Up until that point, I'd only regularly had papules and inflamed bumps.. I still remember when I started getting the weird pustules around my mouth 2.5 years ago and being more embarrassed then ever before. It's basically impossible to cover pus-filled pimples with make-up. BP kept me clear of regular pimples, but these pustules were always resilient. I have since noticed in the past few months that applying Aquaphor helps them to quite a degree. I think I have such impaired barrier function, that Aquaphor kept the bacteria from entering my skin by protecting my skin and preventing it from drying out.

I took microbio lab this past fall, and we swabbed the outside of our noses and inoculated MSA plates. I ended up with the only completely, bright yellow plate in my entire lab section. I am heavily colonized with S aureus. It's funny because as a bio major I'd considered, last summer, that I might have some weird infection, and even tried applying TAO. But I wasn't consistent about it. I'd also never put the ointment in my nostrils, just on my upper lip/near my mouth.

Today, I found your post after being particularly depressed about a bad outbreak of the pustules around my mouth. Thank the lord. I'm going to apply TAO everyday until the tube of ointment is finished.

Also, I definitely have pictures of my MSA plate somewhere on my computer, so I'm going to find it and post it! And I'll try to post before and after pictures as well! Keeping my fingers crossed for some solid after pics.

Do you think I should also apply it to the outside of my nose and my upper lip/mouth area? I have it slathered all over the affected area right now, at bedtime. Do you think that it's necessary??

As a make-up wearer, I'm also going to have to be better with my brushes. I was them once a week right now. But, clearly I'll have to wash them after every use. I actually bought some more today to buy me days in between brush washing.

I've never been good about changing my pillow case, but I'm oddly motivated and will do so regularly for at least this month.

Once again, thank you!

MemberMember
(@healthyalmonds)

Posted : 06/11/2015 12:14 pm

Ah it's cool to see someone else share such a similar situation to what I dealt with :) I had done MSA nasal swabs for two classes as a student, and no one had plates as yellow as mine. As an instructor, I've now seen a fair share of heavy ear/nose Staph colonization among students. Knowing I was Staph aureus positive was what led me to putting TAO into my nostrils to combat nose pimples. I never even thought that the acne on my face was from the same bacteria until I suddenly stopped getting acne breakouts after application.

Putting TAO on your active blemishes should do a great job at reducing the severity of the pimples. I've recently reacquired Staph http://imgur.com/NdPRRUR (I think it was from handling my students MSA plates) in both my ears and nostrils and I subsequently started developing cystic acne. Putting TAO on my acne has sped up the healing process faster than I've ever encountered before. I'm in the process of getting rid of it once again with TAO into my nostrils and ears and while it appears to be more resilient than the initial Staph that I had, I'm getting close to full eradication.

Frequently changing pillowcases should definitely help minimize spread. I've gotten cysts on parts of my cheeks that I know were pressed onto the pillow while I slept. I've been very diligent in cleaning my earbuds just in case some Staph are hanging out there. Nasal Staph has made me more prone to sneezing and that's probably contributing to the spread as well.

Awesome that you have pictures of your MSA plates. I wish I had a picture of mine prior to TAO to give people a feel for just how heavy a carrier I was. I look forward to your progress pics and hopefully soon your pustules will forever be a thing of the past :)