Notifications
Clear all

Unrealistic Expectations Causes My Depression And Anxiety

MemberMember
(@jon132)

Posted : 09/08/2014 3:52 pm

Hello guys,

i have had acne for over 13 years now. my acne was not severe it was rather moderate.

my problem is that I am never satisfied with my skin. If i see a little spot, sometimes other people can't even see it, i start squeezing and squeezing. I just can't stop, i hate it when things are not perfect. Sometimes I can stand in front of the mirror for hours and squeeze all the things out. in the end my face looks like a mess.

i am so frustated, i don't want to go out anymore. i just go out when my skin is perfect.

i remember when i was on accutane my skin was flawless, i was a completely different guy. always positive. now the negativity haunts me every day.

has anyone experienced similar situations or can give me some advice ?

thanks a lot !

MemberMember
(@acnewonderland)

Posted : 09/08/2014 4:42 pm

was breaking out of shell recently nd so nt tht long ago i went to some festivity in town, i was rly excited abt it n was p happy even, bt then i saw myself in mirror n... wanted just to die right there

im back to where i was nd dnt wanna go nywhere at all, just nt with this fkng face.

MemberMember
(@user384762)

Posted : 09/08/2014 5:01 pm

Hey,

I have the same problem! I could look in the mirror for hours and pick at my face. I think its a nervous habit...haha. I will pick at pimples that are hardly noticeable. I figure if I can get rid of them at an earlier state then it will go away faster. So many times my face was fine until I picked or squeezed a soon to be zit and made my face look red agitated and worse than it was before. Its VERY hard for me to leave my face alone.

I have gotten much better at leaving my face alone. Its just better to let it go and let your face be! ...Unless you absolutely have to get ride of an unsightly zit. :)

Here is what helps me:

- Don't stand so close to the mirror. If you can't see it you don't know its there and you won't pick it!

- drink a sip a water whenever you feel the urge to pick. I don't drink as much water as I should each day so this is great for me.

- Remind yourself of how awful your face looks when you pick a pimple that isn't noticeable.

Good luck! I hope you succeed! haha