Notifications
Clear all

Totally Down Tonight

MemberMember
(@battle2011)

Posted : 09/08/2014 12:52 pm

had achieved absolute clear skin after a 15 years battle.

Hyper-sensitive skin, nothing works on it (antibiotics, anti-fungi, soaps, creams, accutane, you name it!).

Was diagnosed with staph epidermis a few months back, and had a round of antibiotics to clear it.

lso started using propolis serums and they cleared me up totally.... Aside from the occasional pimple.

Watching myself in the mirror actually started to become enjoyable!

However, had one of those huge white monster coming out on a cheek this saturday. You know, the big red kind white an obvious whitehead. Popped it on Sunday morning because it had that whitehead. Puss came out, but it stayed painful after that and it actually refilled by Sunday evening. I popped it again and this time i pushed to get everything out. It actually had some puss, some blood and layers of dead skin inside (I know it's gross).

I used rubbing alcohol to make sure I would disinfect any bacteria that would be around. Kept disinfecting all evening.

Now, 24 hours after: The pimple itself has scabbed. Recovering.

But I have a small whitehead underneath it. And 2 big pimples forming on the same cheek.

One just above, and one above that.

How can that be?

I just did a betadine wash to try and attack whatever bacteria/staph/fungi is there.

It is totally depressing. I do not know what to do, what to eat. Nothing keeps me clear foerever. Really depressing.

seriously, they look like they are gonna be huge cysts. What can I do now. It is totally depressing.

MemberMember
(@sankofa1)

Posted : 09/08/2014 1:29 pm

just curious y didn't Accutane work?

MemberMember
(@acnewonderland)

Posted : 09/08/2014 4:51 pm

were u still using tht propolis serum?

nd r u srsly saying some propolis serum got u clear? can u link it here pls

also i think u should go to the same place where u got diagnosed n see if its same thing again or smthng else

y isnt alchohol killing those shit bacteria btw??

MemberMember
(@user384762)

Posted : 09/08/2014 5:21 pm

Ugh! Sorry to hear that! It sounds like because you got rid of it you pushed the infection underneath and its causing more acne on the same cheek. I would have done the same thing though. sometimes you have to get rid of an unsightly zit!

I usually get more pimples where previous ones were that I got rid of. For me, I try not to touch them as much as possible. And when comes time to pop them I am ever so careful. it passes...it just takes a little time :(

Before I go to bed (or during the day too) I put Polysporin or Sulfur ointment on it and then cut the one of the sticky parts of a sensitive band aid and put it on top to keep it protected. Polysporin Kills bacteria and brings it to the surface quicker. Sulfur ointment makes it go away faster.

Wish you the best! :)

MemberMember
(@battle2011)

Posted : 09/08/2014 8:57 pm

just curious y didn't Accutane work?

Correct. 3 rounds of accutane did not work. I don't think I had the right dosage and follow-ups though. It was nearly 15 years ago. Believe it or not the derm was telling me not to use hydrating creams. You can imagine the damages it did to my skin and how I looked!

were u still using tht propolis serum?

nd r u srsly saying some propolis serum got u clear? can u link it here pls

also i think u should go to the same place where u got diagnosed n see if its same thing again or smthng else

y isnt alchohol killing those shit bacteria btw??

I stopped using propolis serum for the last few days which might have triggered this. I am back on it now, but it's quite expensive. Won't put the link here because I'm not out to advertise any brand and everyone's skin would react differently. But you can find propolis serums online ) And I really don't understand why alcohol isn't getting rid of all those bacteria. Instead, they just seem to go settle somewhere else!

Ugh! Sorry to hear that! It sounds like because you got rid of it you pushed the infection underneath and its causing more acne on the same cheek. I would have done the same thing though. sometimes you have to get rid of an unsightly zit!

I usually get more pimples where previous ones were that I got rid of. For me, I try not to touch them as much as possible. And when comes time to pop them I am ever so careful. it passes...it just takes a little time

Before I go to bed (or during the day too) I put Polysporin or Sulfur ointment on it and then cut the one of the sticky parts of a sensitive band aid and put it on top to keep it protected. Polysporin Kills bacteria and brings it to the surface quicker. Sulfur ointment makes it go away faster.

Wish you the best!

Thanks for the support :-)

Don't have any polysporin but back on using that propolis. Going to try and get rid of these huge pimples by attacking them upfront with it. It's really tough. Feel that whatever I eat is being pushed through my skin regardless of what I use as skincare, and in addition if I do not know follow a strict skincare regimen, it relapses into producing pustular acne. Awesome at my age, nearing 40.

MemberMember
(@battle2011)

Posted : 09/09/2014 12:10 am

Actually 3 new pimple came out.

1 looking like a huge cyst to come already....

1 flat and pustular (nothing is raised, just a white flat pustule)....

1 flat and red....

MemberMember
(@battle2011)

Posted : 09/09/2014 9:12 am

I really don't get it. The pimple I forced out is scabbed.

I have a large flat white-head pustule under it (pimple with puss but not raised, and puss is yellow-white).

I have 2 very small flat white-heads not far from it (hardly visible).

have a large raised and painful pustule without head above it.

I have a large raised, red pustule without head a bit above that.

How could the bacteria travel to all these area and create more pimples?

I disinfected with rubbing alcohol. How could anything get out and go to all these places?

Trying betadine soap to make sure I get it under control.

And will get a facial tomorrow. Maybe my beautician can get the infection out.

But I wish I could just get rid of whatever is on my skin and creating these!