Notifications
Clear all

5Th Month Of Accutane, Still Getting Acne..

MemberMember
(@herodanny)

Posted : 07/30/2014 10:57 pm

Finished my course but still getting acne, so my dermatologist extended the accutane for another month (went to 6 months when supposed to be 5)...

But my acne is still horrible. I still get cystic break outs. I admit it's better. But still not "cured" like everyone claims it to be... I'm horrified that I may be that >1% that accutane doesn't help...

Did this happen to any of you guys?

I feel like all I hear are success stories and horror stories... afraid of which side of the fence i'll be on..

MemberMember
(@avada-kedavra-acne)

Posted : 07/30/2014 11:45 pm

Yeah this happened to me (was on it for 7 months) - only stopped when i dropped using moisturizer...... and just barely cleansing with cerave hydrating cleanser.... found that not doing anything was actually better for me!

MemberMember
(@mrsrobinson)

Posted : 07/31/2014 5:28 am

well I never got the cure either...not even close, at least things are better for you- they just got worse for me

talk to your derm, if you are still getting cysts that's not 'average', and I say average because I was a very unusual case....they may need to keep you on a bit longer....again be very thankful you at least are better, you should be thankful for that! but really work your derm over, that's what you are paying for!