Notifications
Clear all

Closed Comedones All Over Success Stories....

MemberMember
(@mindall123)

Posted : 07/16/2014 6:21 pm

Hi I have had these closed comedones (I believe it's what they are) I am just wondering if anyone has has any success on them. I have hundreds. Hardly any inflammatory acne just comedones. They are driving me crazy because they make my skin texture look awful and it's terrible in light. I've tried trentioin for a year and nothing. I've also tried salicylic acid recently I'll update if that works. Also I stared 10mg accutane per day a week ago. post-409669-0-49705500-1405552831_thumb.

Here's a pic of what it currently looks like in sunlight.

post-409669-0-49705500-1405552831_thumb.

MemberMember
(@avrilmartinez)

Posted : 08/02/2014 4:31 pm

Hi I had the same problem as you, since I was 12(I'm 18) I've had acne and oily skin, but it got worse and worse with the years. I've tried Retin-A, Topical sulfur, Salicylic acid 2% , tons and tons of topical mask or remedies. They didn't work, and if they did it was temporal or it reduced my acne but eventually they stop working. By the time I was 17 my face was disgusting, full of whiteheads everywhere.

I started to get a couple of cyst in my chin and around my mouth. I hit bottom, my dad convinced me to go to the dermatologist and she prescribed me 20mg of accutane. it took me 3 months to clear my face 96%. I sayd 96% because even after i was done i stil had about 3-4 whiteheads in my right cheek, 3 small pimples that I still have since november when I started,they don't have pus.

I was on it for 6 months,I finished about 2 months ago and I regret it, If I was you I would not go trough with it. Accutane gave me discolorations in both of my arms which may disappear in months if they do and.

I'm losing hair like crazy , I used to have thick hair now not so much. I mean it scares the crap out me, and I still have super sensitive ans my oily skin is coming back. After accutane your skin goes back to oily very slowly.Oh and there's a big chance that your acne might come back and you have to go through another course.

I believe that my acne might come back so I've been taking: Zinc picolinate 30mg with 2mg of copper, Vitamin A, Saw Palmetto 320mg and cinnamon pills 1.7g a day. i substitued my cow milk for almond milk in an effort to reduce my intake of dairy products. Also i'm trying to reduce my sugar intake, I have a massive sweet tooth.

MemberMember
(@mindall123)

Posted : 08/03/2014 11:12 am

Hi I had the same problem as you, since I was 12(I'm 18) I've had acne and oily skin, but it got worse and worse with the years. I've tried Retin-A, Topical sulfur, Salicylic acid 2% , tons and tons of topical mask or remedies. They didn't work, and if they did it was temporal or it reduced my acne but eventually they stop working. By the time I was 17 my face was disgusting, full of whiteheads everywhere.

I started to get a couple of cyst in my chin and around my mouth. I hit bottom, my dad convinced me to go to the dermatologist and she prescribed me 20mg of accutane. it took me 3 months to clear my face 96%. I sayd 96% because even after i was done i stil had about 3-4 whiteheads in my right cheek, 3 small pimples that I still have since november when I started,they don't have pus.

I was on it for 6 months,I finished about 2 months ago and I regret it, If I was you I would not go trough with it. Accutane gave me discolorations in both of my arms which may disappear in months if they do and.

I'm losing hair like crazy , I used to have thick hair now not so much. I mean it scares the crap out me, and I still have super sensitive ans my oily skin is coming back. After accutane your skin goes back to oily very slowly.Oh and there's a big chance that your acne might come back and you have to go through another course.

I believe that my acne might come back so I've been taking: Zinc picolinate 30mg with 2mg of copper, Vitamin A, Saw Palmetto 320mg and cinnamon pills 1.7g a day. i substitued my cow milk for almond milk in an effort to reduce my intake of dairy products. Also i'm trying to reduce my sugar intake, I have a massive sweet tooth.

Thank you for your advice!