Notifications
Clear all

Advice Please. Picture Attached.

MemberMember
(@simone1992)

Posted : 06/02/2014 4:46 am

I think I went overboard with the popping, I get those hard painful pimples on my cheeks and jawline and did everything I could to get them out. Normally the redness goes away but not today.

The picture isn't the best quality. But please tell me how I can get rid of these red marks and scars?

post-210548-0-91986500-1401702086.jpg

post-210548-0-91986500-1401702086.jpg

MemberMember
(@bmatts)

Posted : 06/02/2014 6:30 am

I have the worst scars too because I pick as well its such a bad habit! I honestly thought there was no getting rid of them but recently discovered this facial scarring gel called "Hiruscar" and it works amazingly, you'll see results instantly- only problem is if your acne is still quite irritated and inflammed it can make it worse (I found out hard way), so just be sure to just apply onto scars not active acne. and also Dermalogicas overnight boosting cream is amazing. Hope this helps.

MemberMember
(@lemming)

Posted : 06/02/2014 8:24 pm

For me, nothing fades red marks quite like a retinol. My go-to used to be Philosophy's Help Me which I got at Sephora. I saw a difference within days. Now I use a retinol from MUAC.

PS: something great to also put over the red spots is a zinc cream (diaper rash cream). I would cover all of my red spots before going to bed, and they would look a bit better by morning, as well as the therapeutic benefit of not seeing the redness! It actually helped me to pick less because I couldn't see the lesion with the thick white cream covering it.

Good luck.