Notifications
Clear all

I'm Only 10 And I Have Awful Skin?

MemberMember
(@autumn010)

Posted : 05/25/2014 1:43 pm

Hi. I'm 10 and I already have pretty bad acne. I feel insecure because everyone in my class has perfect skin. I even got bangs just to cover up the acne on my forehead! I'm worried I'm going to have cystic acne in the future, as most people aren't bothered with acne at my age. But also, I'm starting puberty early (I recently got my first period, breast growth, growing hair, um, everywhere...) so maybe it's just early puberty and my acne will get better, not worse. That's what I'm hoping for. No one in my family has cystic acne, although my big sister has some mild acne (she's 13), but her skin at 10 was perfect, unlike mine. I've been struggling with some stress and I have a therapist for panic attacks and such. When my skin was perfect, at like, 7, I was much happier and stress free at the time. I've been using a face wash and oil-free moisturizer afterwards, but I think it may just be irritating my skin and making it worse. What do you think? (Picture) I try covering it up with makeup, but even high-coverage stuff either 1) my skin looks cakey and I hate the feeling of it or 2) no blemishes really get covered up at all.

MemberMember
(@a-p)

Posted : 05/28/2014 9:38 pm

I can recommend you something! Try natures cure for females. You can buy it online at Walmart. You might be able to pick it up in the store as well. It's not very expensive. The pills are basically a placebo but their benzoyl peroxide works really good. Best I've ever used. Start out using it every other night because it is strong! Only use it at night. I recommend putting a little bit of petroleum jelly around your eyes and moisturize your face before applying the benzoyl peroxide, just trust me on that one.

Get some Neutrogena baby SPF 60. It's a light weight mineral SPF and will actually help your acne as well. Use that during the day in place of your regular moisturizer. You can also get that at Walmart or most drugstores.

Another thing you can consider is going on Bactrim for 15 days. It's an antibiotic and works great for acne. Just make sure you have a good topical regimen while on Bactrim, drink plenty of water and eat yogurt everyday.

MemberMember
(@elkhoundgold)

Posted : 06/11/2014 8:15 pm

Please be checked by your doctor for something called non classical adrenal hyperplasia. It causes early puberty and bad acne at your age. Tell your parents this.