Notifications
Clear all

Bumps All Over My Forehead.

MemberMember
(@lolakat33)

Posted : 05/12/2014 10:42 am

So I need some help! I have been suffering with these bumps for nearly two years. . I'm on a limited diet. I've never drank sodas or consumed lots of sugar. I've always been some what of a health nut. No matter what I do they won't go away!! They cluster and I can squeeze stuff out of them but it never does a thing, the bump will come back in two seconds!

I'm 19 now and I started getting this when I was about 17. Its only become worse. . From the research I've done it could be pityrosporum folliculitis? BP made it worse and differen gel did nothing as well as aha! I've tried so many different things and the list goes on. I'm hoping some one knows what I'm dealing with and would kindly give me some advice.

One more thing id like to mention is that I don't eat dairy or sugars of any kind including wheat.

post-396491-0-42380000-1399909312_thumb.

post-396491-0-42380000-1399909312_thumb.

MemberMember
(@dscully)

Posted : 05/12/2014 11:44 am

I had this myself for a while and it's clear now. I am pretty sure it was caused by cleaning my face with coconut oil (which worked well for a while and then broke me out like crazy). If you are using a new topical, get off it and see if that helps. Do you have any inflamed acne? These types of bumps are not inflamed and are just congested pores. Try getting 15-20 minutes of sun exposure a day, and exercising to break a sweat. They will go away, but it takes quite a while.

MemberMember
(@lolakat33)

Posted : 05/12/2014 12:09 pm

I rarely get any inflamed acne, only if pick at a bump (I know it's bad.. lol). But yes they definitely seem like clogged pores. I try exfoliating a couple times a week but that has not really helped much. I will try getting more sun. I do take vitamin d. I used to use coconut oil add well and that made things worse for me too. I cleanse 2 times a day with a vitamin c wash and used to use a moisture cream but it made the bumps more prominent.

MemberMember
(@dscully)

Posted : 05/12/2014 5:45 pm

I rarely get any inflamed acne, only if pick at a bump (I know it's bad.. lol). But yes they definitely seem like clogged pores. I try exfoliating a couple times a week but that has not really helped much. I will try getting more sun. I do take vitamin d. I used to use coconut oil add well and that made things worse for me too. I cleanse 2 times a day with a vitamin c wash and used to use a moisture cream but it made the bumps more prominent.

okay, there's your problem. If you've used coconut oil at any point in the recent past, it has clogged your pores. The reason your bumps are not inflamed is because coconut oil is not inflammatory. Stay away from coconut oil, and do steam washing with castor oil mixed with grapeseed oil and a few drops of tea tree oil. You can do this in the shower. Also, invest in a dechlorinating showerhead. I just recently got one, and it's been wonderful for my skin. My husband had eczema and it's completely gone away, too! Chlorine is very irritating, and inhalation and skin contact with it should be avoided. Both of these occur if you are showering in it. The only way for the guck to dissolve is to work it out with another kind of oil. Like dissolves like. Every other day, clean with the oil, and on the other days, use a cleanser with AHA in it. You might also try a low-strength glycolic acid peel, which you can buy online for home use. Get one on Amazon, but read the ratings first. Glycolic acid is great for this kind of thing, if you don't have inflamed acne. I would not recommend it if you had inflamed pustules or cysts, as it would just make it worse. Don't get anything stronger than a 30% glycolic peel, BTW... you don't want to melt your face off

And for reals, don't pick! With these kind of comedones, it really and truly only makes it worse. I promise, you will not make it better by squeezing them. AHA and oil cleansing are probably your best bet. That's what I did and it took weeks, so don't expect miracles. Clogging a pore is a process that takes a while. Pimples and pustules and bumps are the end result of a process that's been going on behind the scenes for quite a while. Good luck!

MemberMember
(@francopld)

Posted : 05/12/2014 11:29 pm

I had of those all around my face. i'm not trying to worry you but they are like a bomb ticking,and that bomb haves an 90% chances to explode,and cause an chain reaction. Sorry to say this,but if u don't get them extracted,they have a high rate to convert into pustules besides you do nothing,or exfoliation or chemical peels or whatever. And if u pick one of them in a incorrect way,be prepared to see how every single one of them becomes an pimple.

That happened and is happening now in my face. I left retinoid treatment to soon (my bad) and i just kept continuously purging them month by month. Sadly my face is now covered in red marks and active pimples. On another way,my closed comedones (that is how they are scientifically called) have been reduced at least to an 80%,and my face feels super smooth in some places.

Please,try to remove those the fastest you can. Retinoids do remove them but it takes a LONG WHILE when you have a lot. If you choose using a retinoid,ask also for antibiotics,so you can reduce the IB from the retinoid. ( you won't be using antibiotics in a long-term. don't worry about that. Is just for a couple of months)

MemberMember
(@labellavita)

Posted : 05/13/2014 11:05 am

That looks like what I had on my forehead a year or so ago. Someone here suggested it may be fungal instead of bacterial, so I used Nizoral anti dandruff shampoo and it completely got rid of the bumps after a few weeks (applying to hair and forehead). Give it a go! or any anti-dandruff shampoo with ketoconazole in. Hope it helps!