Notifications
Clear all

Acne Will Not Go Away. I'm Lost And Going Insane

MemberMember
(@nbury)

Posted : 05/08/2014 9:58 pm

So recently my acne has been changing my life. In emotional and physical ways. The past couple of months, getting rid of my acne has been my only goal. I did a bunch of research (internet surfing) and decided to knock out all processed, fake, fatty, etc food, and dairy, wheat, gluten, and sugar. I've literally bean eating those things my entire life, and can think back on when all i ate was fake crap in my childhood years. I thought this makes 100% sense that i have such bad acne now. I also found out that genes play a huge roll. Flippin genes, so unfair! Because of my genese, i read, certain foods will and will not make me breakout. So i took this advice and have been eating 100% natural and whole foods for the past 2 months. Guess what, my acne actually has decreased! BUT BARELY. And i still randomly break out, even if all i have eaten for the past couple of days is fruits, nuts, and veggies. So what the crap. Does diet affect acne or not?! I do not know what to believe anymore. I've read countless times that medicine will get rid of acne, but oh no medicine will only actually worsen it. I've read that a healthy lifestyle and diet will get rid of acne (and it makes SO much sense), but how long does it take if it does?! I'm insanely lost and really just want an angel to come down and tell me why i, (my own unique individual self) get acne. And i wish that would happen for everyone!! I just want a life where i can wake up, shower, put on clothes and be good to go. Anyways if anyone could tell me their opinions or give me their input on acne, please do.

Update: I eat a lot of nuts and peanuts, including all natural peanut butter, and i use fat free ranch dressing. Would these cause acne? im gonna try to make homemade ranch

MemberMember
(@mrsrobinson)

Posted : 05/09/2014 6:37 am

acne is a tricky foe- what works for me will not work for you....accutane failed miserably for me and I was never so down, after an initial breakout that lasted 7 months and gave me most of my scarring, I was truly in despair

so with no wonder drug to back me up I journaled everything I ate and drank, the weather, my stress level, etc...and I started making changes, no gluten (wheat) first, then I elimated dairy....I tried other things that didn't work at all, giving them each 30 days

I now have this crazy routine but it works FOR ME, it is my customized routine and I do not miss a day or night, and I do not cheat

there clearly is a genetic component (but I'm the only one in my immeadiate family with moderate/severe acne) but environmental matters too....so it's hard work but keep fighting and find YOUR triggers and YOUR plan

you'll read a lot of "I did this or I took that and I'm cured!" but for most it is not that easy....I have been fighting for decades and I keep fighting

good luck to you, you are not alone

MemberMember
(@toxicblondy)

Posted : 05/09/2014 10:35 am

You could try cutting out nuts and seeds?

MemberMember
(@nbury)

Posted : 05/09/2014 4:59 pm

Im gonna start cutting out peanuts (as much as i love them) and see what happens

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 05/11/2014 3:39 pm

So recently my acne has been changing my life. In emotional and physical ways. The past couple of months, getting rid of my acne has been my only goal. I did a bunch of research (internet surfing) and decided to knock out all processed, fake, fatty, etc food, and dairy, wheat, gluten, and sugar. I've literally bean eating those things my entire life, and can think back on when all i ate was fake crap in my childhood years. I thought this makes 100% sense that i have such bad acne now. I also found out that genes play a huge roll. Flippin genes, so unfair! Because of my genese, i read, certain foods will and will not make me breakout. So i took this advice and have been eating 100% natural and whole foods for the past 2 months. Guess what, my acne actually has decreased! BUT BARELY. And i still randomly break out, even if all i have eaten for the past couple of days is fruits, nuts, and veggies. So what the crap. Does diet affect acne or not?! I do not know what to believe anymore. I've read countless times that medicine will get rid of acne, but oh no medicine will only actually worsen it. I've read that a healthy lifestyle and diet will get rid of acne (and it makes SO much sense), but how long does it take if it does?! I'm insanely lost and really just want an angel to come down and tell me why i, (my own unique individual self) get acne. And i wish that would happen for everyone!! I just want a life where i can wake up, shower, put on clothes and be good to go. Anyways if anyone could tell me their opinions or give me their input on acne, please do.

Update: I eat a lot of nuts and peanuts, including all natural peanut butter, and i use fat free ranch dressing. Would these cause acne? im gonna try to make homemade ranch

I can relate to this post so much! When my acne came back in June 2011, i started to research like a madwoman about naturally curing it from the inside with diet changes and such. All i served to do was to get to an unhealthy weight, anxiety and worse acne. I am still struggling today with my acne despite dietary changes as well as treatment both holistic and medicinal. My point is, do the best that you can to stay on track but try to live your life and be happy as what works for one person may not work for you.