Notifications
Clear all

Scarring?!

MemberMember
(@summerdayss)

Posted : 05/08/2014 6:04 am

No matter what I do my cysts always seem to leave a scar! I never pick at them, and I don't know why this is happening. Help!

MemberMember
(@mrsrobinson)

Posted : 05/08/2014 7:56 am

the joys of cystic acne- we don't get little white heads that may leave PIH, oh no, we get the dark PIH that is deep under the skin and rolling scars

you have to get it under control or you know what happens...accutane was an absolute nightmare for me, an initial breakout that lasted 7 months and I have that initial breakout to thank for most of my scars, but it DOES work for a lot of people...for those of us with true cystic acne you need to do something

after the wonder drug failed, I tried diet changes, no gluten (wheat) or dairy EVER for me- I just don't cheat...and for me tazorac helped a great deal, i'm tapering off now and in LOVE with mandelic acid...I rarely get a cyst now

your triggers will be unique to you, it's hard work to find, but journal everything and keep track - gluten and dairy are big culprits but not for all

that's why this is so hard, but I'm sure you can find your triggers, just takes a LOT of work, good luck to you

MemberMember
(@summerdayss)

Posted : 05/08/2014 2:46 pm

the joys of cystic acne- we don't get little white heads that may leave PIH, oh no, we get the dark PIH that is deep under the skin and rolling scars

you have to get it under control or you know what happens...accutane was an absolute nightmare for me, an initial breakout that lasted 7 months and I have that initial breakout to thank for most of my scars, but it DOES work for a lot of people...for those of us with true cystic acne you need to do something

after the wonder drug failed, I tried diet changes, no gluten (wheat) or dairy EVER for me- I just don't cheat...and for me tazorac helped a great deal, i'm tapering off now and in LOVE with mandelic acid...I rarely get a cyst now

your triggers will be unique to you, it's hard work to find, but journal everything and keep track - gluten and dairy are big culprits but not for all

that's why this is so hard, but I'm sure you can find your triggers, just takes a LOT of work, good luck to you

Thanks for your help! Also just a question regarding tazorac, did it cause an initial breakout for you??

MemberMember
(@acnegone5)

Posted : 05/08/2014 5:00 pm

Did you try accutane? This is medication for spots.

MemberMember
(@mrsrobinson)

Posted : 05/08/2014 6:38 pm

I agree with the other poster, taz alone won't help, you need to either try accutane or work on other change, ie diet

but to answer your question yes i did get a breakout that lasted a few weeks, but it was whiteheads...my 7 month initial breakout with accutane was ALL CYSTIC, not one whitehead...but again I'm a rarity, and I had a severe reaction to the wonder drug, but again a rarity

so taz will help smooth things out and keep pores clean which in theory helps, but cystic acne, true cystic acne needs a deeper treatment in addition

MemberMember
(@summerdayss)

Posted : 05/08/2014 6:50 pm

Oohh okay! My dermatologist perscribed me tazorac, but I was afraid to start on it during the school year because of an initial breakout. Currently I'm using epiduo which works somewhat well but isn't erasing my problem completely. This is the only medication I've been on along with minocycline, so I've never tried accutane either. But this is reassuring so hopefully I'll be starting tazorac soon!