Notifications
Clear all

New To Acne, Well Not Really. Help!

MemberMember
(@quebecguy24)

Posted : 05/04/2014 9:01 pm

Hey guys,

I've had acne for all of my adult life and I'm near 30 years old now. Truth be told, I'm quite antisocial and somewhat of a slacker. The fact that I have acne really doesn't motivate me to get outside and meet actual people and that's a shame. I think it's taking a toll on me, I'm depressed.

That being said, I haven't tried anything and never seen a dermatologist either. I don't know how to call my acne, I guess it's mild. I get maybe 5 spots at a time. I don't know if I got oily skin or not.

I'm quite cynical too. I feel like there really isn't any reasons for the guys in the business to find a definite cure, they make tons of money from us. Anyway... I haven't read all that much about the regimen or the other treatments out there. There's so much stuff to read it's both overwhelming and confusing.

Now I'm Canadian, and quite poor at it, and I heard shipping costs a little fortune... Suppose I'd want to try this regimen and these products, how much money would it cost me on a monthly basis and how much time would I have to spend in the bathroom putting chemicals on my face every day?

MemberMember
(@strongbadia5000)

Posted : 05/05/2014 9:23 pm

Benzoyl Peroxide works in my experience and from many others including studies you can find online. The hardest thing is finding the right product including concentration of BP that works for you. It can be hit and miss. Also how often you use it depends as well, again trial and error.

MemberMember
(@quebecguy24)

Posted : 05/05/2014 11:01 pm

That didn't really answer my question, but thanks.

MemberMember
(@toxicblondy)

Posted : 05/06/2014 8:36 am

Well you could figure it out by clicking on the purchase page on the home page and calculate it, It should show you your total cost including shipping before you have to commit to actually buying it. As far as the time you would spend applying it, probably about 5 minutes twice a day? I have never used the regimen so I am not sure if you are supposed to use it twice a day, morning and night, but that is my guess. You could try a more natural approach

MemberMember
(@mayaa)

Posted : 05/07/2014 8:03 am

Not sure how it will cost in Canada but I spend about 4 on a bottle of tea tree oil and that lasts me for like two months. Applying doesn't take long but the effects are great. I suggest you do more reading about it.

I tried using Benzoyl Peroxide but I get a horrible redness from it it would cost about the same; however, you see what's best for you.

MemberMember
(@quebecguy24)

Posted : 05/10/2014 12:25 am

Any Canadian could tell me how much $ they spend monthly?