Notifications
Clear all

Cystic Acne, Blackheads And Oily Skin. Natural Skin Care Products?

MemberMember
(@mstep)

Posted : 04/25/2014 10:39 am

Cystic acne help? Natural skin care products?

I generally have combination skin, oily in the t-zone and a bit on my cheeks, but parts of my face are neither dry or oily. I have large pores and blackheads all over my face. I did suffer from cystic pimples for a few years until last year and finally got past them with Differin and Doxycycline. The about a week ago I got a giant cystic pimple next to my nostril and I started putting hot packs on it. The size decreased by a lot and I continue to put hot packs (hot water) on it. It isn't decreasing anymore though and it seems to be a hard bump. It was about the size of a dime, but now it is about the size of my pinky nail. I also ice it a few times a day and tried vaseline, but it seems to make it more red and worse. I put tea tree oil on it too and the next morning a bunch of cheesy liquid came out. It seems to be staying the same size now and it is very frustrating!

I was wondering if there is anything else I can do the rid the bump from my face? Any home remedies? Also I would like to start using natural face products and washes, what brands or products would you recommend? I have oily skin, large pores and blackheads. My skin appears clear, except that cystic pimple and an occasional pimple. I heard good things about Lush from friends and reviews, I was looking to get the Herbalism, Ocean Salt and Vanishing Cream.

Could the cystic pimples be because of my diet? I eat a lot of chocolate and sugary foods, but I have a lot of fruit, veggies, fish and meat. I am a 15 year old girl.

Also, if you have any suggestions for other skin care products and cleansers, let me know. I live in the US so please recommend products available here.

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 04/25/2014 11:01 am

i have tried lots of natural products for my acne over the years and they have done nothing. best bet is to use a gentle cleanser, some sort of toner with AHA or a product with AHA and then a good moisturizer and spot treat with bp. that should keep you pretty clear but for now i would get that cyst injected. you could try taking a few aleve or ibuprofen and icing the cyst for now until you can get an appointment with a derm. good luck to you!

also you can experiment with cutting out chocolate and cutting back on sugar to see if it helps your skin or not. for me it doesnt do anything but for others it works.

MemberMember
(@excelfirst)

Posted : 04/25/2014 10:19 pm

Ocean Salt is amazing! I use it twice a week and my acne has been improving ever since I got it. (Got it two weeks ago.) My blackheads are disappearing and my skin is getting less oily. I use the Nuetrogena Oil-Free Moisturizer with SPF 15 Sunscreen, it doesn't break me out and it moisturizes my skin in the morning really well without making it shine. Give it a try if you want, look up reviews, it has a good overall rating on most sites. But, yeah, drink lots of water and stay away from sugar.