Notifications
Clear all

Could Water Be Causing My Breakouts?

MemberMember
(@sinderella)

Posted : 04/23/2014 10:58 am

I've been strugging with bumps constantly over the past couple of years, after clearing up for a while. What I never really thought about was the fact that I moved from a house with well water to a house with city water.

Last week I went home to visit my family (they still live in the house witth well water) and literally two days after I got there my skin cleared up almost completely. My bumps dried up and started to heal. It was great- my skin actually didn't suck for a week. But then, as soon as I returned home and washed my face that morning and night, I woke up the next day with small beginning bumps in my usual spots.

Could the city water be causing my breakouts? I've never really heard of WATER causing breakouts. I use a fresh hand towel every time I dry my face, and my routine was the same at both houses.

MemberMember
(@bonsai77)

Posted : 04/23/2014 12:17 pm

some people react differently to different things, water could be a factor :/

whenever i go home, to japan, my skin seems to be a bit better then in england boom cysts everywhere!

maybe you could use distilled water or something??

exfoliation helps with the closed comedones

MemberMember
(@paigems)

Posted : 04/23/2014 8:55 pm

I've heard other people talk about this before. Maybe you could try washing your face with distilled water since it won't contain chlorine, fluoride, and other stuff.

MemberMember
(@sinderella)

Posted : 04/24/2014 1:43 pm

I've heard other people talk about this before. Maybe you could try washing your face with distilled water since it won't contain chlorine, fluoride, and other stuff.

I'm going to start doing that right away, and see if it helps clear things up. Does the water need to be distilled, or can spring water work?

MemberMember
(@quetzlcoatl)

Posted : 04/25/2014 1:27 am

Yeah water is treated with a lot of stuff, especially in densely populated areas. It isn't too much of a leap to think that some of these chemicals could alter a complex immune response such as that seen in acne.

Spring water is probably fine, but if you want to know for absolute sure that it isn't water, I would go for the distilled.