Notifications
Clear all

Pasty/redish Face

MemberMember
(@yesmate)

Posted : 04/23/2014 12:35 am

Hi

I am a 15 year old male and i have had acne for about 3 years now. I have used many different products including differin and proactiv on my skin and they havent worked. I also have oily skin and am now just using a cleanse, tone, moisturise routine twice a day and am taking a multi vitamin. I am yet to see any significant improvement but i will keep trying. My face is a pasty red sort of colour and i dont know why, I also have lost my ability to tan (i used to be able to tan well). I live in Sydney and spend most of my time outside school at the beach, I use sensitive 50+ sunscreen and I dont get burned so what is causing this. And how do I stop it.

If anyone could please help I am really self conscious about this because im always at the beach and i am really pasty.

MemberMember
(@ashaleyyy101)

Posted : 04/24/2014 4:28 am

I have no idea, is it because you use SPF 50? Can you just use a 30+ instead and see if you tan that way?

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 04/24/2014 9:19 am

maybe because youre at the beach everyday ? stop going to the beach and letting your skin fry in the sun even though you have sun screen im pretty sure it doesnt block it completely spf 50 only means you can stay in the sun for longer time but it also can mean your sunscreen might have clogging pore ingredients but i do know from experience staying in the sun makes your skin look terrible after awhile