Notifications
Clear all

Weaning Off Dianette

MemberMember
(@maria321)

Posted : 04/22/2014 7:10 am

Hi everyone.

I am thinking about weaning myself off Dianette aka Diane 35. After hearing so many terrible things in the media about the pill, I am starting to wish I had never taken it. However, my 17 year old self definitely needed something to clear her skin and boost her self esteem! Now I am nearly 22 and, whilst my skin is of course important to me, I definitely think about my health a lot more than I did at that age. I have heard all the stories about awful breakouts, cystic acne etc. occurring after (and worse than ever) stopping taking the dianette. Therefore, I am considering weaning myself off it, I have read a few success stories alongside a few not-so-successful stories regarding this method, on the internet.

When I was a teenager my skin was fairly bad, although in hindsight it perhaps wasn't as bad as I felt it was at the time. I would probably describe it as mild/medium acne. At the moment my skin is fairly clear, as it has been generally whilst taking dianette, although I do still have some mini break outs so I am aware that my skin is still probably prone to spots. I was wondering if anyone had any recent stories regarding weaning off dianette. Whilst I have found some forums on the internet that discuss weaning off it, generally they are older forums or discussions from those planning to wean off dianette.

I am also interested in laser skin treatment, to avoid acne after stopping taking dianette or any other suggestions others have. Roaccutane is very much a last resort for me, although its not something I would completely dismiss.

Thanks in advance.

Maria

MemberMember
(@5beauty)

Posted : 04/23/2014 11:32 am

I was on the pill ten years ago. I took it for three years and i remained clean for the following seven. Now, acne has remembered me since september. I can no longer take the pill, so i turned to the supplements.

If you are afraid that acne is coming back, discuss with your doctor and try vitex. I use it in combo with saw palmetto. From my personal experience it is not necessary for acne to return, but if you dont want to risk it, the natural way is the best. Try vitex!