Notifications
Clear all

Scared To Wear Spf? Help

MemberMember
(@avada-kedavra-acne)

Posted : 04/13/2014 6:33 pm

Long story short-

I am very fair (......like a piece of paper basically)

Light eyes

will Burn very easily

will Burn very easily also because I'm on Oracea (Doxy)

I don't ever get sun burns because i make sure that I'm in a shaded area, or not in direct sunlight.

I can't wear lotions on my face, even my derm says so because I'm so sensitive to everything.

Im serious- anything that touches my face that isn't water or my cerave cleanser, will ruin my face.

Both my mom, dad, and brothers can't use anything on their face because of this sensitivity to everything

I used a cerave lotion a month ago and i got folliculitis

I have rosacea

I am prone to sore breakouts if i use any creams

i have sensitive skin (durr)

Im visiting somewhere in a week near NY- and will be spending time outside, but will be outside just walking to destinations (so in and out of stores)

Anyways- Can i wear a long sleeved light jacket, and jeans, with a hat that shields my face, and also semi big sunglasses

I usually use finacea twice a day topically too- so i will make sure not to use it in the morning because it sensitivee to the sun.

ANY COMMENT WOULD HELP- I AM SERIOUSS.

Thank you! :)

MemberMember
(@lilly75)

Posted : 04/13/2014 9:24 pm

You could possibly look into products by Avene - I don't know a lot about them but they're supposed to be good for very sensitive skin as far as I know. They have SPF products too which may be an option. (I've recently been using a sample of one of their moisturisers for very dry skin and it's been so good - makes my skin feel soft and soothed (dryness etc from using BP)).

Has your derm been able to recommend any SPF products that might be suitable?

Of course, wearing sun-safe / sun protecting clothing like what you mentioned will help :)

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 04/13/2014 9:29 pm

I have been using lumene CC cream and not only does it cover up a little bit, it has spf 20. I never get sunburnt when wearing it, even when I sit outside in the sun.

MemberMember
(@avada-kedavra-acne)

Posted : 04/13/2014 9:34 pm

You could possibly look into products by Avene - I don't know a lot about them but they're supposed to be good for very sensitive skin as far as I know. They have SPF products too which may be an option. (I've recently been using a sample of one of their moisturisers for very dry skin and it's been so good - makes my skin feel soft and soothed (dryness etc from using BP)).

Has your derm been able to recommend any SPF products that might be suitable?

Of course, wearing sun-safe / sun protecting clothing like what you mentioned will help

Thank you for your comment

Ive actually tried avene products but they have caused me issues sadly. My derm did not mention any spf i could use. He says my sensitivity is the *oddest* that he's ever had. I'll wear clothing a hat to cover myself, and pray attest that it rains or is not really sunny.

MemberMember
(@lilly75)

Posted : 04/13/2014 9:42 pm

Thank you for your comment

Ive actually tried avene products but they have caused me issues sadly. My derm did not mention any spf i could use. He says my sensitivity is the *oddest* that he's ever had. I'll wear clothing a hat to cover myself, and pray attest that it rains or is not really sunny.

Hmm surely there'd have to be something out there that might be suitable... Hopefully someone else can give some suggestions 🙂

But for now, covering up would definitely be your best option!