Notifications
Clear all

Does This Look Like Regular Acne?

MemberMember
(@toxicblondy)

Posted : 04/07/2014 11:03 am

Hello

This is my first time trying to create a forum on here, so i am not sure if i am posting this where it belongs, and I am sorry if this is the wrong place

But anyways

Starting in late october, I started developing an acne like "rash" that would come and go, It does not seem like acne, Acne products do not do a thing to it.

So the best way to describe it, they look like small whiteheads, back in november, december, they would appear EVERYWHERE on my face, forehead, cheeks, then my neck, and chest and a few on my back. After stopping eating regular wheat and even gluten free food, I no longer get it on my chest, neck, or back, just the region of my laugh line??? It comes and goes, just this past week I did not have it at all, and now its back...on my laugh line area >.< Its really getting me down when I think it is finally gone and then BOOM it comes back, They are hard, and they do not just pop so they are not like regular white heads? I do not squeeze them or anything...

but what do you think? Does this look like regular acne? Or could it be something else? Does it look like dermatitis, or folliculitis, or milia maybe?

MemberMember
(@goodz19)

Posted : 04/08/2014 6:33 am

To me, it looks like your typical minor acne. What meds have you tried to alleviate this?

MemberMember
(@anthonykell)

Posted : 04/10/2014 9:30 pm

It looks like acne to me. Do you wash your face morning and night? What skin care products do you use? Have you changed this recently?

MemberMember
(@toxicblondy)

Posted : 04/16/2014 11:46 am

Hello

This is my first time trying to create a forum on here, so i am not sure if i am posting this where it belongs, and I am sorry if this is the wrong place

But anyways

Starting in late october, I started developing an acne like "rash" that would come and go, It does not seem like acne, Acne products do not do a thing to it.

So the best way to describe it, they look like small whiteheads, back in november, december, they would appear EVERYWHERE on my face, forehead, cheeks, then my neck, and chest and a few on my back. After stopping eating regular wheat and even gluten free food, I no longer get it on my chest, neck, or back, just the region of my laugh line??? It comes and goes, just this past week I did not have it at all, and now its back...on my laugh line area >.< Its really getting me down when I think it is finally gone and then BOOM it comes back, They are hard, and they do not just pop so they are not like regular white heads? I do not squeeze them or anything...

but what do you think? Does this look like regular acne? Or could it be something else? Does it look like dermatitis, or folliculitis, or milia maybe?

GROSS.jpg

GROSS1.jpg

GROSS2.jpg

GROSS3.jpg

To me, it looks like your typical minor acne. What meds have you tried to alleviate this?

Well this type of acne only just started in November, I used to just get your regular big zits, but now this :S I went on an antibiotic in january but it really made no improvement, I quit it when i learned of all the adverse effects that antibiotics can have on you

MemberMember
(@goodz19)

Posted : 04/16/2014 2:17 pm

Well, Id take these any day over giant inflamed zits. Anyway, since it is minor, you may want to check the over the counter stuff first. There's lots of products out there. Some work for some, some dont. Trial and error. There's also may topicals you can get from a dermatologist (too many to list). You may also wish to check put the product reviews (both OTC and prescription) and read what people have to say before making a selection. Just keep in mind that the complainers tend to make more noise, Those that have something that works for them are usually gone from this place.

MemberMember
(@megtree)

Posted : 04/16/2014 3:15 pm

It might also be rosacea, based on the pattern of inflammation. Do heat, exercise or spicy food seem to make it worse? If so, you should see a dermatologist for treatment, as over-the-counter acne treatments may be making it worse.

MemberMember
(@happiness101)

Posted : 04/16/2014 8:16 pm

try going on zantac for your stomach because it sounds like your acne is related to your diet. I went on zantac after i had an ulcer because of an antibiotic which didn't help my skin either and now my face is pretty much clear! i remember being sad about breaking out and i know how it can be depressing, i hope this would work for you!

MemberMember
(@toxicblondy)

Posted : 04/17/2014 1:05 pm

Well, Id take these any day over giant inflamed zits. Anyway, since it is minor, you may want to check the over the counter stuff first. There's lots of products out there. Some work for some, some dont. Trial and error. There's also may topicals you can get from a dermatologist (too many to list). You may also wish to check put the product reviews (both OTC and prescription) and read what people have to say before making a selection. Just keep in mind that the complainers tend to make more noise, Those that have something that works for them are usually gone from this place.

I guess i would too, it is just really frustrating >.< Oh and believe me since I had regular type of acne growing up i have tried absolutely every single over the counter thing you could imagine lol. Since typically when it appears it is ALWAYS on my laugh lines, clustered together bumps that are patchy, I almost feel like it may be some kind of allergy to something? I am going to try to not consume a lot of nuts, and cut out cinnamon, since The past week my skin was perfect and I was out of cinnamon lol and i had tons of walnuts the night before it appeared once again

It looks like acne to me. Do you wash your face morning and night? What skin care products do you use? Have you changed this recently?

Yeah I wash my face morning and night, I use Dr. Bronners mild cleansing soap in the mornings, and I use shea terra black soap in the evening, and I have not changed this recently

It might also be rosacea, based on the pattern of inflammation. Do heat, exercise or spicy food seem to make it worse? If so, you should see a dermatologist for treatment, as over-the-counter acne treatments may be making it worse.

Does rosacea cause bumps? I thought the skin was just reddish with rosacea. Currently it is just on my laugh line, it is bumpy and patchy >.< and red. I do not really think the weather affects my face, and I stopped excersising once college started in january. I should go see a derm but they are booked for months >.<

MemberMember
(@megtree)

Posted : 04/17/2014 1:20 pm

Yes it does, actually, which is why it is often misdiagnosed as acne vulgaris. Here is some information about it:

http://www.rosacea.org/weblog/acne-or-rosacea-case-mistaken-identity

It doesn't look extremely red of course, but it's hard to tell from pictures.

MemberMember
(@toxicblondy)

Posted : 04/18/2014 8:06 am

Here is a better representation of what it looks like, when I say it appears primarily on my laugh lines

Yes it does, actually, which is why it is often misdiagnosed as acne vulgaris. Here is some information about it:

http://www.rosacea.org/weblog/acne-or-rosacea-case-mistaken-identity

It doesn't look extremely red of course, but it's hard to tell from pictures.

MemberMember
(@ddimbu)

Posted : 04/18/2014 11:34 am

To me, this looks like your regular white headed pimples. Yea they may seem a little gross, but they're minor. Put some spot treatment on them every night after well cleansing your face. Don't stress over them, because the more you stress over them the more you'll see it worsens. Wash your face with a sylicid acid and wash your face gently 2 times a day. Don't pop them, even though a lot of people pop them when pimples are at this stage. My pimples scab if I pop them, so I don't want to encourage you to pop them, just in case your fave scabs easily as well. Keep a routine, and don't forget to moisturize. Be patient and your face should clear up in a couple of weeks. Miracles don't happen over night, unfortunately :-(

best of luck :)

MemberMember
(@toxicblondy)

Posted : 04/18/2014 1:22 pm

It is just odd for my regular acne, aka like big zits, to randomly turn into this. A few months ago I was using Clinque acne solutions, it is primarily salysylic acid, and it has a benzoyl peroxide spot treatment as well. It only seemed to irritate my face further when it has previously helped me regular big zits, So i stopped using it, it was making my face really oily as well, it used to be my all time favorite face wash. I do not pop them, they are generally to hard to pop, like they are under the skin kind of. I am just convinced this is something different lol, thanks

To me, this looks like your regular white headed pimples. Yea they may seem a little gross, but they're minor. Put some spot treatment on them every night after well cleansing your face. Don't stress over them, because the more you stress over them the more you'll see it worsens. Wash your face with a sylicid acid and wash your face gently 2 times a day. Don't pop them, even though a lot of people pop them when pimples are at this stage. My pimples scab if I pop them, so I don't want to encourage you to pop them, just in case your fave scabs easily as well. Keep a routine, and don't forget to moisturize. Be patient and your face should clear up in a couple of weeks. Miracles don't happen over night, unfortunately (

best of luck

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 04/18/2014 11:39 pm

To me, it looks like a reaction to something in the last photo. In the last photo you posted the redness is noticeable...perhaps a form of mild dermatitis? It's definitely not cystic acne, and it could very well not be acne at all, just dermatitis from an allergic reaction.

MemberMember
(@toxicblondy)

Posted : 04/19/2014 9:06 am

To me, it looks like a reaction to something in the last photo. In the last photo you posted the redness is noticeable...perhaps a form of mild dermatitis? It's definitely not cystic acne, and it could very well not be acne at all, just dermatitis from an allergic reaction.

The first few pictures i posted is how my face is when I know i am eating something my body does not like, for instance gluten free food. There is something in gluten free food I am allergic to, it makes my chest and back and neck break out as well as my face. When I cut out gluten free food and just eat mainly vegetables All the bumps go away from my neck, chest, and back and the "Rash" tends to chill on my face like the last picture I posted. ALWAYS on my laugh lines...it is so odd. My face stays clear for about a weak and then I get that on my face for a few days, and then repeat. I am trying to think if there is a factor that causes it, I noticed that I had consumed TONS of walnuts the night before it began to appear after my week long clear streak >.< So I am going to start my healthy diet again without seeds or nuts and see what happens :) Thanks for the reply

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 04/19/2014 11:24 am

I would say check the ingredients in gluten free food...perhaps you are allergic/ intolerant to a gluten replacement like oats or millet or flaxseed?

I used to eat sugar free candy and get bad stomach cramps until I realized I couldn't tolerate aspartame and other artificial sweeteners.

The breakouts on laugh lines are interesting, I used to get them too and now I still have discoloration there. I think those are connected to the digestive system, not hormones or anything else.

You could also try digestive enzymes with big meals to see if that helps. I use enzymedica's digest spectrum.

MemberMember
(@milksaltsugar)

Posted : 04/19/2014 4:08 pm

Looks like acne to me. It looks very sensitive and sore so i'm hesitant about mentioning using Tea Tree oil as it can be irritating if it's not diluted to suit your skin.

1 drop of Tea tree oil with 3-5 drops of water on a cotton bud might be useful to spot treat them.

MemberMember
(@toxicblondy)

Posted : 04/19/2014 5:09 pm

I would say check the ingredients in gluten free food...perhaps you are allergic/ intolerant to a gluten replacement like oats or millet or flaxseed?

I used to eat sugar free candy and get bad stomach cramps until I realized I couldn't tolerate aspartame and other artificial sweeteners.

The breakouts on laugh lines are interesting, I used to get them too and now I still have discoloration there. I think those are connected to the digestive system, not hormones or anything else.

You could also try digestive enzymes with big meals to see if that helps. I use enzymedica's digest spectrum.

I feel like it is either something to do with tapioca, or hmm I am just not sure, Because I ate just regular gluten free brown rice and it made my chest break out, and it had no other ingredient.

Yeah when I eat certain gluten free foods my stomach would hurt really bad

This might be a dumb question, but are probiotics considered digestive enzymes?

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 04/20/2014 5:35 pm

No, probiotics are different but there are supplements that contain both digestive enzymes and probiotics, which help a lot with digestion and gut flora.

MemberMember
(@toxicblondy)

Posted : 04/22/2014 2:44 pm

No, probiotics are different but there are supplements that contain both digestive enzymes and probiotics, which help a lot with digestion and gut flora.

Okay, I see, thank you ^_^