Notifications
Clear all

White Bumps In Chin Crease

MemberMember
(@conorcoughlanmu)

Posted : 04/01/2014 10:59 pm

Hi, so for as long as I remember (or at least the last 4 years) I've had this weird looking chin crease. It's always slightly red from pigmentation and I've always had these little white bumps. I eat healthy, exercise, drink plenty of water, wash, moisturize, all that. And on too of that I exfoliate every 3 days and these damn things won't seem to go! First of is - what are they? Milia? If it is then why won't they go from exfoliation? Could it be anything else? And if so, how do I I about treating? Thanks!

post-369796-0-84162500-1396410990_thumb.

post-369796-0-06470700-1396411260_thumb.

MemberMember
(@olly-c)

Posted : 04/02/2014 4:45 am

I can't see them well enough in the picture to tell what they.

Most people have clogged pores in this area which can be seen better when the skin is stretched so you might just have larger clogged pores.

Milia are less common on the chin but obviously can occur.

Wether it's milia or clogged pores, chemical exfoliation will help a lot.

I'd suggest using glycolic acid every day and salicylic acid at night just on the area.

If it still doesn't go away then go to a deem and they will remove it with a needle (if it's milia).

I get rid of my milia with acid exfoliation :)

MemberMember
(@conorcoughlanmu)

Posted : 04/02/2014 9:58 am

I can't see them well enough in the picture to tell what they.

Most people have clogged pores in this area which can be seen better when the skin is stretched so you might just have larger clogged pores.

Milia are less common on the chin but obviously can occur.

Wether it's milia or clogged pores, chemical exfoliation will help a lot.

I'd suggest using glycolic acid every day and salicylic acid at night just on the area.

If it still doesn't go away then go to a deem and they will remove it with a needle (if it's milia).

I get rid of my milia with acid exfoliation :)

Are you suggesting exfoliating twice a day? That seems like a lot! Thanks for your help!

MemberMember
(@olly-c)

Posted : 04/05/2014 2:41 pm

Acid toners are absolutely fine twice a day. We're not talking chemical peels and chemical and physical exfoliation are very different things.

Although, I only suggested using glycolic acid all over once a day. I said salicylic acid just on the area as a treatment, not to exfoliate the skin.

You can use acid exfoliants twice a day as a toner or cream but obviously you would scrub your skin twice a day :)

I use glycolic acid twice a day and also use lactic acid with it if I need it.

MemberMember
(@cf3555)

Posted : 12/01/2014 10:10 pm

If you're still having trouble I recommend trying tinactin or a similar antifungal (!) ointment on the chin crease

I have had stubborn whiteheads in my chin crease for years. My other zits respond to exfoliating and BP but These don't.

One day out of desperation I put a big blob of tinactin on a deep cyst on my chin before bed after reading an acne.org post. The next morning I was able to easily drain it. Inspired by this I applied a thick layer of tinactin to my clean chin before bed the next night. Eureka!

The small white bumps were greatly reduced by morning. I repeated this a few nights in a row and the appearance of my chin crease improved 200%.

My new theory is the tiny whitehead pores in my chin crease and my perma-blackheads on my nose are clogged partially with sticky fungus/yeast. Once the coating of tinactin dissolves some of that out, the other stuff comes out MUCH More easily.

Give it a shot and good luck!

MemberMember
(@mn121188)

Posted : 12/02/2014 9:26 am

Honestly it's hardly noticeable. I would just start small and try the salicylic acid at night. Go slow so your skin doesn't freak out and start getting irritated from beating up on it. That's just from my experience though. Good luck!