Notifications
Clear all

Acne.org Regimen Or Accutane

MemberMember
(@xstarshine)

Posted : 03/22/2014 11:32 am

Hello!

I'm considering on trying either acne.org's Regimen or Accutane. I was leaning towards Accutane, but because of the many side effects (and the fact that I already have problems with very dry eyes and dry mouth), I want to exhaust other options before considering it again.

the Regimen vs Accutane...please let me know your experiences with either (or if you have tried both)!

MemberMember
(@olly-c)

Posted : 03/22/2014 12:16 pm

If your acne is only on your face, then do not take accutane without trying the regimen first.

MemberMember
(@hope7)

Posted : 03/22/2014 1:38 pm

I agree. It also depends on the severity of your acne. Unless it is very severe you might be better off trying the Regimen first. Be patient as it took my daughter more than 3 months to see improvement but now at six months she is 90% clear.

Good luck.

MemberMember
(@ladypink)

Posted : 03/22/2014 6:47 pm

I agree too. I would try the Regimen first and leave out Accutane as a last solution !

MemberMember
(@xstarshine)

Posted : 03/26/2014 6:04 pm

I agree. It also depends on the severity of your acne. Unless it is very severe you might be better off trying the Regimen first. Be patient as it took my daughter more than 3 months to see improvement but now at six months she is 90% clear.

Good luck.

Hello, thanks for the reply. Does she suffer from cystic acne? (that's the type of acne I have and although the Regimen has great reviews, I'm skeptical about it working for my skin).

MemberMember
(@hope7)

Posted : 03/26/2014 6:24 pm

She had all types of acne including cystic, but it was mainly on her cheeks. I don't think it was hormonal because from what I understand that is usually along the jawline and around the mouth. She has been on birth control pills for a year and saw no improvement so she had nothing to lose by trying the regimen. Fortunately it has worked the best for her.

MemberMember
(@victoria93)

Posted : 03/27/2014 12:52 am

I would try the regimen first, as like you said, Accutane does have an insane amount of side effects. If you're leaning towards something you can take orally, though, I would try something less intense than Accutane, such as an antibiotic like doxycycline. It still has side effects, but not as many. I was on it for 4 months and it completely cleared my skin, it was amazing. However, I started birth control a couple of months ago and now my skin is just as bad as it used to be.

But yeah, I would definitely give the regimen a go first though, because I have read many, many reviews and watched youtube videos on it and people seem to have great success with it! I purchased mine just yesterday, can't wait to try it :)

Good luck!

x

MemberMember
(@xstarshine)

Posted : 04/20/2014 10:17 am

I would try the regimen first, as like you said, Accutane does have an insane amount of side effects. If you're leaning towards something you can take orally, though, I would try something less intense than Accutane, such as an antibiotic like doxycycline. It still has side effects, but not as many. I was on it for 4 months and it completely cleared my skin, it was amazing. However, I started birth control a couple of months ago and now my skin is just as bad as it used to be.

But yeah, I would definitely give the regimen a go first though, because I have read many, many reviews and watched youtube videos on it and people seem to have great success with it! I purchased mine just yesterday, can't wait to try it

Good luck!

x

Hi Victoria93,

Have you been using the Regimen? How is your progress so far? Are you still on BC while on the Reg.

MemberMember
(@jimsport)

Posted : 04/20/2014 7:42 pm

dont waste your time using the regimen, accutane does wonders from what ive seen, and the side effects are minimal and will leave once your finished using accutane.

MemberMember
(@coryv4)

Posted : 04/20/2014 11:44 pm

i have used accutane with little sucess but i guess everybody is different

MemberMember
(@victoria93)

Posted : 04/21/2014 4:35 am

But yeah, I would definitely give the regimen a go first though, because I have read many, many reviews and watched youtube videos on it and people seem to have great success with it! I purchased mine just yesterday, can't wait to try it

Good luck!

x

Hi Victoria93,

Have you been using the Regimen? How is your progress so far? Are you still on BC while on the Reg.

Hi :)

Yes I am still using the Regimen. Been using it for almost a month now. I didn't have bad acne when I first started using it, as that was mostly cleared up by BC, I only have blackheads left and hyper pigmentation, and the occasional small pimple which goes away quickly. But I love the regimen, it's working very well for me. I started off using the treatment twice a day, but I soon discovered that although it didn't irritate my skin or anything, it was too much for me because I practically had no acne. So now I just apply a decent sized amount all over my face at night only, and I'm pleased with the results.

And yes I'm still on BC while on the regimen.

MemberMember
(@perigon)

Posted : 04/22/2014 6:22 pm

Try the regimen for at least six months before you go down the accutane route. You could get very unlucky with the side effects of accutane as i was.