Notifications
Clear all

My First Consultation

MemberMember
(@mint-berry-crunch)

Posted : 03/19/2014 7:20 pm

I had my first consultation yesterday about reducing the appearance of my acne scars on my face. The name of the surgeon is called Jonquille Chantrey, based in Cheshire, UK. I spoke to her about the scars and hyper pigmentation as I am dark skin Asian. I asked her some questions ect. and her opinion is that I should have the Dermapen treatment with Obagi topical creams. The kit contains cleanser, pads, sun blocks and a few creams.
My questions to you guys is anybody using the Obagi creams, how effective are they? I am concerned about the amount of creams to use ( 5 different creams twice a day) which would cost me over 300. Are they value for your money? And how much improvement should I expect from having a Dermapen treatment for a mixture of icepick, boxcar and rolling scars?
MemberMember
(@ellamaria)

Posted : 03/19/2014 7:29 pm

Do you have a good diet? what do you usually eat? because I know someone that got rid of their rolling scars by good diet. sometimes unbelievable but your body does amazing things by itself.

MemberMember
(@zavvi)

Posted : 03/20/2014 4:10 am

Do you have a good diet? what do you usually eat? because I know someone that got rid of their rolling scars by good diet. sometimes unbelievable but your body does amazing things by itself.

intresting post care to share more you might want to look at my post the cure for scars

MemberMember
(@mint-berry-crunch)

Posted : 03/20/2014 7:52 pm

No I don't have a good diet. It's mainly junk food for me now. I did last year go on a diet to lose weight and my meal plan was fruits, vegetables and lean meats and fish, it was a high protein diet. This had no effect on my scars unfortunately.

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 03/20/2014 9:40 pm

if you dont have a good diet , no treatment will work if you keep trying to mask it with topical treatments i think

MemberMember
(@ellamaria)

Posted : 03/21/2014 11:42 am

Yes i agree with leading force, good diet always has a very good influence on your skin. because your skin comes from the inside out, everything inside is reflected on the outside. its not just about fruits and veggies its about quality of meat and protein and even fats :) fats are really important! i will check out your post zavvi!

No I don't have a good diet. It's mainly junk food for me now. I did last year go on a diet to lose weight and my meal plan was fruits, vegetables and lean meats and fish, it was a high protein diet. This had no effect on my scars unfortunately.

MemberMember
(@mint-berry-crunch)

Posted : 03/21/2014 7:49 pm

if you dont have a good diet , no treatment will work if you keep trying to mask it with topical treatments i think

Yes i agree with leading force, good diet always has a very good influence on your skin. because your skin comes from the inside out, everything inside is reflected on the outside. its not just about fruits and veggies its about quality of meat and protein and even fats fats are really important! i will check out your post zavvi!

After replies I am going on a diet, change my eating and a healthy lifestyle. As I am starting my acne scar treatment journey I think it is best to start having a good diet. Hope this will be better for my skin.

MemberMember
(@ellamaria)

Posted : 03/22/2014 9:48 am

I am so happy to hear that Mint Berry Crunch! A healthy diet will definitely help your skin and it will make you feel better and cleaner. let me know how it goes!