Notifications
Clear all

Treatment

MemberMember
(@blauer2413)

Posted : 03/19/2014 2:14 pm

I recently got a facial and went on a gluten free diet. I am now having a large spike in acne it seems, and it has been about 3 weeks. I got a chemical peel as well. I have had acne since about 12 and have tried a lot. I went dairy free for awhile and both gluten free and dairy free haven't seemed to help. I've tried every otc product out there, but due to my athletics my parents won't let me take accutane. I have excellent hygiene and eat healthy and organic for the most part. I'm 16 now and it gets progressively worse as I get older it seems. The acne on my jawbone seems to be clearing slightly, but I'm getting breakouts on my forehead and cheekbones. I read that vitamin b6 is good for treating acne so I take 100mg a day, and started that about a week ago. Honestly at a loss, and want to know of any other supplements or otc treatments/medications. I don't want to hear, "it will eventually go away" because I know that. I just want to know what else I can do.

MemberMember
(@excelfirst)

Posted : 03/20/2014 10:33 pm

I'm not sure if it's completely true, but I heard going outside in the sun for atleast 10-15 minutes helps your skin. Of course, if you do that, you need to put on sunscreen. If there's no summer (like where I live), you could definitely try Vitamin D supplements. Not sure how many mg's is good, but you could ask around. My acne has been getting bad too and I'm 17, but it might just be a breakout from the little bits of dairy junk food I've been eating lately If none of this works, go to a dermatologist and get a recommendation for a cream or something that could help!

Good luck!