Notifications
Clear all

Shaving My Head Completely Obliterated My Acne.

MemberMember
(@zaqwsx170)

Posted : 03/18/2014 9:53 pm

Sorry ladies, it seems you're all out of luck for this acne treatment.

I'm 21, and have had mild - moderate (much more on the moderate side of things) acne since about the age of 15. A few months back, I was looking to try on a new style, and decided to shave my head and dress a little differently. I did this not thinking at all of what it might do for my acne, but I *discovered*... that all my acne completely went away.

I would shave my head on Friday of each week, and I noticed that by about Wednesday or Thursday of each week, I would get some slight forehead blemishes. By simply using my facewash to wash the top of my head in the shower, I prevented even these. My skin was really very clear for several months. (My routine throughout this entire period consisted solely of using the Clean & Clear Foaming Facial Cleanser to wash my face morning and night, and Cetaphil to moisturize occasionally, whenever I felt dry. No benzoyl peroxide whatsoever.)

A few months later.

My magical acne solution stops working as well, and being tired of the bald look, I start growing my hair out more. Today, I would say my hair is about 1cm in length, and I again have moderate acne across my entire face.

...any ideas?

I've not seen much discussion anywhere on the internet on the effects of shaving one's head on acne. It really worked miraculously for me.

But that being said, I'm looking to both have hair, and not have acne. Any ideas?

its clear the hair is somehow influencing the oil production/acne formation of my skin. I've tried using Head & Shoulders to dry out my hair, to no avail, and my usual strategy of using facewash to clean my head/hair is not working either anymore.

Hmm... thoughts?

MemberMember
(@triplen)

Posted : 03/19/2014 1:15 am

Maybe the oil from your hair is doing something? I'm a girl and I always notice that my cheek breakouts are far less frequent if I wear my hair up a lot.