Notifications
Clear all

Need Help With A Routine (Cleaner/lotion)

MemberMember
(@bravosnorkel)

Posted : 02/24/2014 10:46 pm

Currently, I'm using Neutrogena Anti-Acne Red face wash which has 2% salliyic acid and it helps to some extent but it REALLY dries out my skin. This presents a problem because I work out very often and cannot find a lotion/moisturizer that doesn't clog my pores which inevitably leads to black heads. I try washing my face before the gym but it gets REALLY dry to the point it looks sun damaged or something.

Is there any milder cleansers anyone can recommend? I know this sounds dumb but my acne seems to stem entirely from oil on my skin. Basically, if I wash it or wipe down with a towel or something during the day, I get no break outs at all which is why I think the SA helps as much as it does.

I don't know if this is pertinent information, but shaving also seems to help my skin (I use shaving cream and then aftershave).

Anyone have any advice or solutions that they can offer? Should I use the SA once a day or something? This issue only seems to come up during the winter months when my skin is more sensitive.

MemberMember
(@laurapalmer)

Posted : 02/26/2014 6:39 pm

Try using a cream cleanser. I know Neutrogenia and clean and clear make some great ones with SA. Clean and clear makes a moisturizer with SA. Maybe experiment with toners as well. With all of the SA you're using, you should use some sunscreen, or a moisturizer with SPF. Best of luck :)