Notifications
Clear all

Help! Beautician Gave Bruise On Face-- Need Advice!

MemberMember
(@bigredscar)

Posted : 02/19/2014 3:24 am

I went to a skin clinic with these dispy girls there and I got 2 treatments:

Microdermabrasion & Softlaser.

Before we started the women treating me suddently without saying anything started squeezing a VERY old acne scar-- there was nothing there except a mark! There was only a mark but for some reason she was applying lots of pressure, to the point where it felt like she was putting thick blunt needles into my skin. I dont know what she was trying to do and she gave me no countdown or anything.

I got the microdermabrasiona and softlaser and my skin was a bit sensitive after that but it was OK.

I woke up this morning and there is a MASSIVE RED/almost blue bruise like swelling near where this women trying squeezing this scar? WHAT THE HELL DO I DO? This red mark is covering almost half of the right side of my face!

I dont even want to leave the house. I paid good money for this and it does the complete OPPOSITE. what can I do?

I understand that what is done, is done, but what can I do to reduce the swelling? Why did she try to squeeze this scar that had almost faded? Will this have caused any permanent damage?

Please advise me.

MemberMember
(@mrsrobinson)

Posted : 02/19/2014 7:53 am

1) call them immeadiately and voice your displeasure, and try and stop by today if you can--- and push for a full refund, you'll likely get something (particularly if there are other patients in the waiting room!)

2) time is needed, I used vitamin k cream after laser treatments, they say it helps with bruising, not sure as I never did one side with and one side without, but hey it can't hurt

MemberMember
(@blissfully-unaware)

Posted : 02/19/2014 11:53 am

Ouch! you should complain to them, that is not good. I doubt it will cause any permanent damage, i had a huge bruise on my face recently and putting metal spoons in the freezer for a few minutes (not for too long) then gently moving the spoon across the bruise really helped, sounds crazy but i read it somewhere and it worked for me :) good luck

MemberMember
(@paigems)

Posted : 02/19/2014 4:24 pm

I agree with everyone else about complaining. Arnica, bromelain, and pineapple are great for reducing bruising.