Notifications
Clear all

Why Is The Medication Acting Weird

MemberMember
(@gaijingirlygirlgossip456)

Posted : 02/18/2014 6:57 pm

I gotten some prescribed acne wash and topical cream for my acne. I've started using it last week so yeah. I'm 14 years old, and I've been experiencing some dryness, my skin appears to look wrinkled in some areas, and my face feels tight like when I try to move it sometimes it feels like I have a mask on my face.

The acne wash I am using is Panoxyl 10% Benzoyl Peroxide.

When I use a moisturizer it stings and my face appears flakey and dry. I feel embarrass when I come to school like that. The moisturizer I use is Ambi oil-free moisturizer but my face still feels dry. I'm getting sick of this already.

My dermtologist said I may experience it but I don't know it's getting annoying.

MemberMember
(@cupcakejess)

Posted : 02/18/2014 7:54 pm

10% Benzoyl Peroxide is very strong, and it causes extreme peeling, drying, redness, etc. I am using 2.5% Benyzol Peroxide, and I'm already getting painful side effects, and I can't imagine using the 10%. But hey, your dermatologist is the expert, so I guess what she prescribed to you should be very beneficial, though the side effects are terrible. Good luck! Maybe you should get some jojoba oil and try mixing it with your moisturizer, it will soothe the dryness and help you not be so flaky. My moisturizer is full of jojoba oil, plus I bought some pure jojoba oil, and it is very soothing.

MemberMember
(@lanette)

Posted : 02/18/2014 8:09 pm

how often do u use it? what type of medicated cream do u use?

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 02/18/2014 8:50 pm

use the topical cream only at night and washing your face with the wash is fine but use a little not too much is needed and moisturizer always

MemberMember
(@cicibabygirl)

Posted : 02/18/2014 8:51 pm

10% Benzoyl Peroxide is very strong, and it causes extreme peeling, drying, redness, etc. I am using 2.5% Benyzol Peroxide, and I'm already getting painful side effects, and I can't imagine using the 10%. But hey, your dermatologist is the expert, so I guess what she prescribed to you should be very beneficial, though the side effects are terrible. Good luck! Maybe you should get some jojoba oil and try mixing it with your moisturizer, it will soothe the dryness and help you not be so flaky. My moisturizer is full of jojoba oil, plus I bought some pure jojoba oil, and it is very soothing.

I completely agree. If you must keep using 10%, jojoba oil is the way to go. It's the only thing that saves my skin.