Notifications
Clear all

Retina.. Apply Twice A Day?

MemberMember
(@lynseyjoxoxo)

Posted : 01/23/2014 7:01 pm

This is almost the end to my second week on Tretinoin cream 0.05%

I do believe I'm starting to go through the initial break out.. which reallllly sucks and makes me almost want to stop using this cream :/

How long will this last??? I have pretty mild acne.

Also, would it be a good idea to apply this twice a day instead of only at night? My skin reacts really well to this. No dryness or flaking what so ever.

My routine:

AM

Cetaphil bar soap

Clean and clear 10% benzoyl peroxide wash

moisturize with maracuja oil and cetaphil lotion

PM

Cetaphil bar soap

wait 30 minutes and apply tretinoin cream

wait another 30 minutes and apply cetaphil lotion and aquaphor

I'm also taking 200 mg of doxycycline daily (Just started taking this a few days ago)

Any advice is appreciated! xxx

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 01/23/2014 7:17 pm

I do believe I'm starting to go through the initial break out.. which reallllly sucks and makes me almost want to stop using this cream :/

Also, would it be a good idea to apply this twice a day instead of only at night? My skin reacts really well to this. No dryness or flaking what so ever.

My routine:

AM

Cetaphil bar soap

PM

Cetaphil bar soap

I'm also taking 200 mg of doxycycline daily (Just started taking this a few days ago)

you wash your face twice with the cetaphil bar soap and clean and clear ? i suggest you just stick to clean and clear because washing your face with 2 things can cause clogging pores which leads to acne

also you can use it in the morning and night but i only use it at night because it makes my face really dry and red even with good moisturizer so i stick to using it only at night and every other night but its up to you if you dont have these effects

MemberMember
(@lynseyjoxoxo)

Posted : 01/23/2014 7:23 pm

My routine:

AM

Cetaphil bar soap

PM

Cetaphil bar soap

you wash your face twice with the cetaphil bar soap and clean and clear ? i suggest you just stick to clean and clear because washing your face with 2 things can cause clogging pores which leads to acne

also you can use it in the morning and night but i only use it at night because it makes my face really dry and red even with good moisturizer so i stick to using it only at night and every other night but its up to you if you dont have these effects

I had no clue I was clogging my pores o.o I will stick to my clean and clear then!

And cool, I think I'm going to try twice a day since my skin handles it so well.

MemberMember
(@mrsrobinson)

Posted : 01/23/2014 8:04 pm

i wouldn't go twice a day with it, it's good but everything in moderation