Notifications
Clear all

Nothing Is Really Helping Me.

MemberMember
(@ineedhelp20)

Posted : 01/07/2014 6:17 am

I'm so tired of my acne marks. I'm 15 now and I've been suffering from acne from almost 3 years now. I tried Benzol peroxide, Salicylic acid, clean and clear face washes for acne, tea tree oil and witch hazel cream, neutrogena toner, olive oil, blah blah.. NOTHING helps. I also started exercising which doesn't seem to have any affect either. I keep my skin clean and yet, these blazing red pimples keep popping out and create marks though i don't touch them. Also, i get of looott of cystic, painful acne. Pleaseeeee help me out. I've also tried many natural home remedies. I can't spend too much money. I've extremely sensitive and oily skin.

MemberMember
(@lunar909)

Posted : 01/07/2014 11:40 pm

Do you go to a dermatologist? If not, do so. Tell him/her what you told me and ask about accutane. It's not as bad as everyone says it is. I did it and I'm almost clear.

MemberMember
(@ineedhelp20)

Posted : 01/08/2014 9:59 am

I did visit one. She said it has loads of side effects. Also, i pretty sensitive to oral drugs. I don't really see a good option anywhere. This is leading me to serious depression. :(

MemberMember
(@katie789)

Posted : 01/14/2014 2:09 pm

Your derm can put you on a prescription topical that will hopefully help with your acne. The medication doesn't have to be as extreme as Accutane.

Have you used any before? Or has your derm just been recommending OTC products?

MemberMember
(@megtree)

Posted : 01/14/2014 5:58 pm

By sensitive to oral medicine, do you mean you experience side effects even at low-doses? Sometimes, if you are "sensitive" to something, lowering the dose is more effective than stopping it altogether. If your acne is cystic, topicals won't do very much, unfortunately. Have you tried birth control, or any antibiotics yet?

MemberMember
(@ineedhelp20)

Posted : 01/21/2014 11:08 am

Hey, im using epiduo now. Its almost 2 weeks and nothing's really happening. My marks lightened but they're red again. My skin is sensitive. But again, lets see how epiduo works. :)