Notifications
Clear all

Folliculitis

MemberMember
(@mindphlux)

Posted : 01/04/2014 2:11 pm

Can anybody offer me advice? I have been off accutane for a month now. My acne was pretty much non existent because of it. However, now I am breaking out all over my chest, upper back, slowly on my stomach and neck. My doctor took a culture and said it came back as "sterile" and prescribed me 2 weeks of diflucan saying that should clear me up. If anything, it's worse now. I personally think that I have follicultiis all over my body, as I never had acne in these areas befores and my face remains clear. Should I go get a second opinion from another dermatologist? My current one doesn't seem to be helping me with this and I'd rather get proper treatment sooner then later because I've read horror stories online of people suffering with this condition. I included a pic of my chest, which is the worst area right now.

Sorry the pic ended up upside down for some reason... But you get he gist of what it looks like. I guess it's worth noting that this pic was taken moments after I applied some tree oil.. So it's a little more red then usual.

post-212977-0-20327800-1388865225.jpg

post-212977-0-20327800-1388865225.jpg

MemberMember
(@cw24)

Posted : 01/04/2014 3:09 pm

I had the same thing happen to me after my first course which I thought was acne returning but now I dont think it was. I ended up going back on Accutane and it cleared it up right away. Keep me updated what you find out and if that treatment works. Is your skin oily?

MemberMember
(@mindphlux)

Posted : 01/04/2014 3:58 pm

Well I can definitely tell that the oil in my skin is returning, but I wouldn't consider my skin to be overly oil, no. I didn't consider going back on accutane again... If it cures this, then sure I'd be up for it... But I don't want to be on accutane forever