Notifications
Clear all

Best Face Wash/cleanser For Acne And Acne Scars?

MemberMember
(@monicalovesben)

Posted : 12/30/2013 6:09 pm

I have pretty mild acne and combination skin. It seems like my acne is ceasing A LOT and I wonder if my time with acne is almost over with... So that brings me to this. I have acne scarring (red marks mainly on my cheeks from previous breakouts) I've tried a ton of cleansers and washes, all with little help to make a difference with my skin. I have combo skin that also is very sensitive. Anyone have any good recommendations on face cleansers/washes that you could help my mild acne and red marks? I'm willing to pay more (so not for a drugstore product) but maybe a high end cleanser. Thank you :)

MemberMember
(@carpemomentum)

Posted : 02/24/2014 9:11 am

I have pretty mild acne and combination skin. It seems like my acne is ceasing A LOT and I wonder if my time with acne is almost over with... So that brings me to this. I have acne scarring (red marks mainly on my cheeks from previous breakouts) I've tried a ton of cleansers and washes, all with little help to make a difference with my skin. I have combo skin that also is very sensitive. Anyone have any good recommendations on face cleansers/washes that you could help my mild acne and red marks? I'm willing to pay more (so not for a drugstore product) but maybe a high end cleanser. Thank you

Hi Monica! Not sure how sensitive your skin is, but I just started using Murad exfoliating cleanser and kind of love it right now. It has AHA/BHA in it to help with fading scars and exfoliating. It also has jojoba beads in it to help keep from overdrying. I ordered it online I think for around $25 but it seems like it should last quite a while. Many people in the reviews stated they used it every few days, I have been using it daily because my skin can handle it. Check it out online, got great reviews!

MemberMember
(@olly-c)

Posted : 02/24/2014 2:01 pm

I would suggest just really gentle cleansing, nothing with any treatments in it but then follow up with 10% glycolic acid cream and monthly peels

MemberMember
(@monicalovesben)

Posted : 02/24/2014 7:08 pm

I have pretty mild acne and combination skin. It seems like my acne is ceasing A LOT and I wonder if my time with acne is almost over with... So that brings me to this. I have acne scarring (red marks mainly on my cheeks from previous breakouts) I've tried a ton of cleansers and washes, all with little help to make a difference with my skin. I have combo skin that also is very sensitive. Anyone have any good recommendations on face cleansers/washes that you could help my mild acne and red marks? I'm willing to pay more (so not for a drugstore product) but maybe a high end cleanser. Thank you smile.png

Hi Monica! Not sure how sensitive your skin is, but I just started using Murad exfoliating cleanser and kind of love it right now. It has AHA/BHA in it to help with fading scars and exfoliating. It also has jojoba beads in it to help keep from overdrying. I ordered it online I think for around $25 but it seems like it should last quite a while. Many people in the reviews stated they used it every few days, I have been using it daily because my skin can handle it. Check it out online, got great reviews!

Thank you SO much! I will check that out now :)

I would suggest just really gentle cleansing, nothing with any treatments in it but then follow up with 10% glycolic acid cream and monthly peels

Thank you. And aren't monthly peels really expensive and harsh on your skin?

MemberMember
(@michelle-reece)

Posted : 02/24/2014 7:31 pm

I have pretty mild acne and combination skin. It seems like my acne is ceasing A LOT and I wonder if my time with acne is almost over with... So that brings me to this. I have acne scarring (red marks mainly on my cheeks from previous breakouts) I've tried a ton of cleansers and washes, all with little help to make a difference with my skin. I have combo skin that also is very sensitive. Anyone have any good recommendations on face cleansers/washes that you could help my mild acne and red marks? I'm willing to pay more (so not for a drugstore product) but maybe a high end cleanser. Thank you smile.png

Thank you SO much! I will check that out now

>I would suggest just really gentle cleansing, nothing with any treatments in it but then follow up with 10% glycolic acid cream and monthly peels

Professional peels cost $300 and up. They're harsh in the sense that they cause 1st or 2nd degree burns, but it's controlled damage. After the scabbing and peeling, your skin "glows", is smoother, looks healthier and clearer. Professional peels are well worth it, though.

MemberMember
(@monicalovesben)

Posted : 02/24/2014 7:52 pm

Thank you SO much! I will check that out now smile.png

>

>I would suggest just really gentle cleansing, nothing with any treatments in it but then follow up with 10% glycolic acid cream and monthly peels

>

Professional peels cost $300 and up. They're harsh in the sense that they cause 1st or 2nd degree burns, but it's controlled damage. After the scabbing and peeling, your skin "glows", is smoother, looks healthier and clearer. Professional peels are well worth it, though.

I'm not sure if I should request that for my kind of acne/scars. But I'll bring it up to my dermatologist

MemberMember
(@michelle-reece)

Posted : 02/24/2014 8:20 pm

People of lighter skin and with acne relatively under control are the best candidates for chemical peels. There are various kinds and strengths of chemical peels, and it depends what kind of scars you have too.

MemberMember
(@monicalovesben)

Posted : 02/24/2014 8:45 pm

People of lighter skin and with acne relatively under control are the best candidates for chemical peels. There are various kinds and strengths of chemical peels, and it depends what kind of scars you have too.

Ok thank you!

MemberMember
(@marie4u)

Posted : 02/25/2014 3:25 am

i just go for tipical things like aloe vera. aloe vera is the best solution for any kind of skin.

MemberMember
(@olly-c)

Posted : 02/27/2014 5:00 pm

>

>ockquote>Thank you. And aren't monthly peels really expensive and harsh on your skin?

I'm not sure if I should request that for my kind of acne/scars. But I'll bring it up to my dermatologist

I have never had a professional peel but I do my own. I meant just doing a stronger one such as 30% (after you've done your research).

I would in no way EVER suggest doing anything that causes 1st or 2nd degree burns and scabbing and to be honest you should never get that from a peel because that is a chemical burn, not a chemical peel. the worst you would get is flakey skin the day after.

glycolic acid is the best for scarring. I had very severe acne and now I have absolutely no scarring at all :)

MemberMember
(@michelle-reece)

Posted : 02/27/2014 5:26 pm

&gt

;

>ockquote> Thank you. And aren't monthly peels really expensive and harsh on your skin?

lockquote>

I have never had a professional peel but I do my own. I meant just doing a stronger one such as 30% (after you've done your research).

I would in no way EVER suggest doing anything that causes 1st or 2nd degree burns and scabbing and to be honest you should never get that from a peel because that is a chemical burn, not a chemical peel. the worst you would get is flakey skin the day after.

glycolic acid is the best for scarring. I had very severe acne and now I have absolutely no scarring at all

In medium to high-strength chemical peels and lasers, you're supposed to get inflammation and scabbing. Using a treatment that induces heat-shock proteins and enough inflammation is the only way to "tell" your skin to produce more collagen that's missing. The reason these chemical peels are done by dermatologists is that application and concentrations are vital, as well as aftercare. It's why people go to school in this for years.

Long-term, low-dose glycolic acid can help, but it's not as strong as other chemical peels.

MemberMember
(@olly-c)

Posted : 02/27/2014 6:37 pm

I have pretty mild acne and combination skin. It seems like my acne is ceasing A LOT and I wonder if my time with acne is almost over with... So that brings me to this. I have acne scarring (red marks mainly on my cheeks from previous breakouts) I've tried a ton of cleansers and washes, all with little help to make a difference with my skin. I have combo skin that also is very sensitive. Anyone have any good recommendations on face cleansers/washes that you could help my mild acne and red marks? I'm willing to pay more (so not for a drugstore product) but maybe a high end cleanser. Thank you

&am

p;gt

;

>ockquote> Thank you. And aren't monthly peels really expensive and harsh on your skin?

lockquote>

Professional peels cost $300 and up. They're harsh in the sense that they cause 1st or 2nd degree burns, but it's controlled damage. After the scabbing and peeling, your skin "glows", is smoother, looks healthier and clearer. Professional peels are well worth it, though.lockquote>

glycolic acid is the best for scarring. I had very severe acne and now I have absolutely no scarring at all

In medium to high-strength chemical peels and lasers, you're supposed to get inflammation and scabbing. Using a treatment that induces heat-shock proteins and enough inflammation is the only way to "tell" your skin to produce more collagen that's missing. The reason these chemical peels are done by dermatologists is that application and concentrations are vital, as well as aftercare. It's why people go to school in this for years.

Long-term, low-dose glycolic acid can help, but it's not as strong as other chemical peels.

I understand that chemical peels cause inflammation, scaling and peeling which can vary in severity but talking about 1st and god forbid 2nd degree burns is something else completely.

I know that chemical peels are more effective, hence why I suggested it.

However, no chemical peel should EVER cause that kind of burn.

MemberMember
(@michelle-reece)

Posted : 02/27/2014 7:08 pm

&am

p;am

p;gt

;

lockquote>

Professional peels cost $300 and up. They're harsh in the sense that they cause 1st or 2nd degree burns, but it's controlled damage. After the scabbing and peeling, your skin "glows", is smoother, looks healthier and clearer. Professional peels are well worth it, though.lockquote>

I'm not sure if I should request that for my kind of acne/scars. But I'll bring it up to my dermatologistlockquote>

I understand that chemical peels cause inflammation, scaling and peeling which can vary in severity but talking about 1st and god forbid 2nd degree burns is something else completely.

Most people typically think of a burn due to fire, but the definition of a burn is more general (radiation and friction can cause it).

The point is as long as the 1st or 2nd burns are controlled and precise, it's fine. With chemical peels, you or the practitioner is causing the chemical to penetrate into the epidermis or to the dermal papillae. Chemical peels destroy living cells (in medium depth to deep peels). "Burns" are inherent in chemical peels, particularly the medium to deep kind.

MemberMember
(@olly-c)

Posted : 03/01/2014 7:56 am

&am

p;am

p;am

p;gt

;

lockquote>

I'm not sure if I should request that for my kind of acne/scars. But I'll bring it up to my dermatologistlockquote>

lockquote>

Most people typically think of a burn due to fire, but the definition of a burn is more general (radiation and friction can cause it).

The point is as long as the 1st or 2nd burns are controlled and precise, it's fine. With chemical peels, you or the practitioner is causing the chemical to penetrate into the epidermis or to the dermal papillae. Chemical peels destroy living cells (in medium depth to deep peels). "Burns" are inherent in chemical peels, particularly the medium to deep kind.

You need to google 2nd degree burns and imagine that on someones face.

Minor chemical burns, fair enough. 2nd degree burns, no.