Notifications
Clear all

Inflamed Acne Causing Eye To Swell

MemberMember
(@chris1337)

Posted : 12/29/2013 3:34 am

Hi, just curious if anyone else has had this. I got a huge inflamed cysts right below my eye. Its towards my nose a bit more and is right on the bone that goes around my eye. These kinds of pimples are fairly common with me but this time its causes my eye to swell up a bit. Looks like I have a black eye, the bag under my eye is puffy.

I making sure to leave it alone as I do with all these large ones but it sucks. Any idea when the swelling may go down or if I should be concerned about anything, Its not affecting my vision or anything yet, just hurts alot. I'm heading to vietnam in a few days so it would really suck to look like this the entire time I'm there.

I'm at work so can't post pics but if it gets anyworse when I get home I will.

MemberMember
(@ukdreamin)

Posted : 12/29/2013 11:03 pm

Whatever you do, DON'T pick at it!!!! I had one the exact same spot as you back in September.. I picked at it, and another 2 cysts popped up right next to original spot making it look MUCH MUCH worse. Took a month (or more) for them to heal, and left a lovely scar. (Thank god for Retin-A to fade marks!!!) I suggest just putting a sulfur treatment on it overnight and popping some ibuprofen to get the swelling down.