Notifications
Clear all

Help Is Deeply Desired, My Face Is The Worst It Has Been In A Year! I Have Tried Everything And Am Desperate!

MemberMember
(@peace7seeker)

Posted : 12/27/2013 2:44 am

Here is my quick acne testimony: When I was 12 years old I started to get butt-loads of acne problems (literally) My Dad had it growing up and I believe I got it originally because of my hormones/heritage.

-I tried pro-active and all the over the counter stuff to no avail.

-I began to take antibiotics for my face and it worked a little, but then it came back with a vengeance. I believe the pills messed up my innards, because after taking them on and off for 2 and a half years my poop has never been the same.

-I was depressed because of my: parent™s divorce, acne/cysts/scars, bad grades, and a myriad of other things.

I use to be so depressed that I would avoid school and friends. I nearly didn't walk senior year 2010 because I almost flunked a few classes. In community college I flunked all of my classes for a year. To say the least, I wanted to literally run away from my town and my problems.

- I even tried accutane two times. Yet, in general I am sensitive to pills and it didn't settle well. Even on little doses my body over-reacted and flared up. Sadly I got more depressed than I was.

-I even tried laser zapping surgery which helped the acne/scars a little.

-All of these things never solve the root of the problem, I desperately need your guy's help to find the root or a working regimen.

- For the last few months on and off I have been having a cup of organic carrot Juice with fatty fish oil and a couple cups of green tea. I have been using œSt. Ives blemish control green tea scrub at night before bed and then putting on œbio oil special moisturizer. For spot treatments, I used salicylic acid. For the most part, this was making me wake up with no zits or relatively few that would die throughout the day.

-Recently I had not been eating as much since I was praying and fasting the other day. I started eating more food for the holidays and randomly overnight my face flared up into a chaotic warzone.

-The other day I awoke with 15+ zits, at first I ignored it and put on bp. But they were not budging. So the next day I went to war and steamed my face and gently picked the tip of each zit with a needle and put bp/jojoba oil all over my face. Today all I did is wash it with cetaphil cleanser and put jojoba oil on it.

- People say to use this product and to not use that one, they say never pick it, they say pick it carefuly..... I am sooo very, very, confused! What should I do??? Dermatologists always make things worse and now my face is the worst it has been all year! I literally feel like I am at a dead end: pics below. The first one in the light is without jojoba oil. The acne does not look as bad with my delightful smile. haha

I Thank the Lord Jesus because he has healed my depression: Philippians 4:6 "Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." : by me constantly giving it over to him, since his yoke is light and mine is heavy he has graciously healed me of that heavy burden.

But I still suffer with acne, its physical pain and sometimes-low self-confidence. I know God peers through the outside directly into the heart and sees beauty. But I really just want a healthy body so I can feel good.

I am 22 years old and ready to face my problem head on! I am willing to do anything to have a healthy acne free body. I do not want to make it worse, so please help with any wise advice, because it is dearly appreciated!

Written with much Love, by your fellow acne friend: Tripl3Cman. post-367860-0-27440300-1388129291.jpgpost-367860-0-33357900-1388129306.jpg

post-367860-0-79399200-1388129312.jpg

post-367860-0-27440300-1388129291.jpg

post-367860-0-33357900-1388129306.jpg

post-367860-0-79399200-1388129312.jpg

MemberMember
(@markd343)

Posted : 12/27/2013 4:26 pm

Don't pop your pimples. Try differin, I had 100 stubborn pimples like that. And differin stopped them from sprouting and disinflamed them.

MemberMember
(@sdr-wellnesscoach)

Posted : 12/27/2013 8:13 pm

To get healthy, change your diet. To eliminate acne, get rid of the allergen triggering it.

Since acne started at a early age for you, eliminating Milk and Gluten from your diet may get the results your looking for. That will, in the very least, get you healthier.

You can also read through the thread I started in the Holistic section and feel free to ask questions.

MemberMember
(@silverlight22)

Posted : 12/28/2013 7:27 pm

Looks like you have perioral dermatitis

MemberMember
(@peace7seeker)

Posted : 12/29/2013 6:03 pm

Thank you guys for responding! Recently I started work as a dishwasher the day after I had a fever in a room that can get steamy, could this have triggered my recent breakout?

markd343 I stopped picking my zits and am thinking about using differin, but the doctors tend to not help my acne with their gimmicks and even make it worse.

SDR WellnessCoach I agree with you that it could be food related, that is why I try to stay away from dairy/sugar/processed foods. But I am not 100% sure if it is food related. How would I go about eliminating all dairy and gluten and pinpoint it to being the cause of acne, should I get a food allergy test? I also looked at your success story and got inspired to use Apple Cider Vinegar. For 2 days I have been drinking it with 2 tps per cup of water twice a day and I have been using it as a spot treatment for 10 mins before showering it off. It seems to be helping, do you have any other quick fixes?

silverlight22 Yes it definitely is perioral dermatitis, but the question is: like Mario does to turnips, how should I go about uprooting it?

MemberMember
(@sdr-wellnesscoach)

Posted : 12/29/2013 6:46 pm

Thank you guys for responding! Recently I started work as a dishwasher the day after I had a fever in a room that can get steamy, could this have triggered my recent breakout?

markd343 [/size] I stopped picking my zits and am thinking about using differin, but the doctors tend to not help my acne with their gimmicks and even make it worse.

SDR WellnessCoach [/size]I agree with you that it could be food related, that is why I try to stay away from dairy/sugar/processed foods. But I am not 100% sure if it is food related. How would I go about eliminating all dairy and gluten and pinpoint it to being the cause of acne, should I get a food allergy test? I also looked at your success story and got inspired to use Apple Cider Vinegar. For 2 days I have been drinking it with 2 tps per cup of water twice a day and I have been using it as a spot treatment for 10 mins before showering it off. Do you have any other quick fixes?

silverlight22 [/size]Yes it definitely is perioral dermatitis, but the question is: like Mario does to turnips, how should I go about uprooting it?

That success story was short lived. I later found out it was Turmeric that was doing it. I also found out I'm allergic to Turmeric and that's why it worked for a little while (this is my secret as to how). That led me to be a Wellness Coach and actually find out the root cause of my acne... Wheat.

If you read through my thread in Diet & Holistic, you will learn how to find your allergen causing acne.

Ps... There are no quick and easy fixes. To get rid of acne for good, you must get rid of your allergen for good.

MemberMember
(@silverlight22)

Posted : 12/29/2013 7:59 pm

I'm not sure about this but this might work for you. I recently came across this post which says that sometimes it is fungus related and not bacterial. Here is the post

The guy basically used an anti fungal cream to cure himself so yours could be a similar case. I came across someone using Head and Shoulders clinical therapy shampoo which is specifically made for seb. dermatitis. But someone had said he cured his acne with it, so I have been using it. I am on minocycline right now, so I haven't had an outbreak since I started using H&S shampoo and I can't tell if it's working or not. However, last week I decided to not use this shampoo and i got a few flare ups around my nose and lips. I put that shampoo on my face immediately and left it on for a few minutes, got a burning sensation and this morning it was gone. Again, I can't guarantee if it's the shampoo that worked or what but this shampoo contains selenium sulfide which is a strong anti fungal agent. So again, not sure, but give it a shot. You never know, it might work. Please go through the link I posted as well. Let me know your thoughts.

MemberMember
(@megan-rina)

Posted : 12/29/2013 11:49 pm

I will tell you what I've told most people with acne. Take zinc tablets!! Use witch hazel on a cotton ball every single day 1-3 times a day. And use the Clear Cell Acne Lotion by Image Skin Care

xo Meg

MemberMember
(@black-beaute)

Posted : 12/30/2013 12:48 am

Try Retin-A. I love it! My skin is the best I've seen. You have to be patient with it. The other day my aunt thought I had on foundation and I didn't! Made me feel so good. Also do forget to moisturize!! Good luck!

MemberMember
(@m1m1m1)

Posted : 12/30/2013 1:39 am

Here are some things I can recommend:

-MORE WATER! Always drink at least a huge bottle of water throughout the day. So important for your skin!

- Aztec Clay face mask mixed with half ACV half water. this helps alkalinize the face, draw out blackheads, calm the skin.

- wash with a mild soap in the morning (so as not to strip the oils) and a salacylic acid at night (clear off the grime of the day.)

- duac gel. it doesn't work for everyone, but its worked great for me. yes, it can make red marks last longer, but its better than acne.

- eat a diet full of real food, avoid excessive sugar/breads/fried foods/meats, as these things cause blood sugar spikes and mess with digestion, or even upset hormones. Instead try to eat a clean diet involving foods with probiotics (hel with antibiotic damage. start with kefir, or if lactose intolerant, saurkraut,) as well as starting the day with a teaspoon of ACV in water. helps alkalinize and clear out digestive tract.

- it looks like your acne is hormonal from where it is on the face. I used saw palmetto to help with my hormonal acne, and it was really easy and worked very well to shrink cysts. Also make sure you are getting enough Zinc and Vitamin B. Raw garlic, raw ginger, things like that are really good for your body, too.

- moisturize with a non-clogging cream.

these are some of the things I did that helped clear my persistent severe acne, and now my skin is healthy and clear. Don't give up! It takes time and patience!