Notifications
Clear all

What Kind Of Acne Is This (Photos)

MemberMember
(@peaches24)

Posted : 12/21/2013 2:28 pm

Hello everybody,

I just wanted to share my story with you guys. I'm now 24 and up until a year ago, I never had spots, not even through my teenage phase, my skin was clear. 8 months ago I started to develop red flat spots on my face, they just appeared as red marks and not lumpy spots. They were completely flat and they have been there for the last 8 months, I have recently got a few more, but again, they're just flat and red/pink. My skin is quite fair, so the pinkness/redness is quite visible. My skin is normal to dry. I don't have oily skin but I did start using a sun lotion during the summer - which was quite oily, I'm thinking could that have been the cause? right now, I have been switching to different products, from dermalogica, to aesop skin care, I even tried benzoyl peroxide but felt it wasn't really doing much. I also tried improving my diet, I have read quitting dairy may improve it? I would appreciate any advice.

Thank you smile.png

post-366846-0-81623800-1387654125.png

post-366846-0-17769100-1387654132.png

post-366846-0-81623800-1387654125.png

post-366846-0-17769100-1387654132.png

MemberMember
(@mk04)

Posted : 12/21/2013 4:42 pm

It's hard to say.. If you've been getting more over a period of time, try fixing up your diet. Since your skin isn't bad at all atm, I don't think you have to completely exclude a particular group of food. Yes, some people have success with cutting out dairy while some exclude gluten.. It really depends on your body so it's hard to say. I think you should just have a balance of what you eat from dairy to gluten to vegetables, etc. cause like I said, your skin isn't bad.

As for what "type" of acne you have, not really sure haha. But I get what you have from time to time as well.. Just red, sometimes bumpy, sometimes not..

MemberMember
(@markd343)

Posted : 12/21/2013 9:43 pm

Your acnes very mild. Stick to bp at worst it will heal the redness. Are you getting more and more pimples everyday or has the breakouts stopped?

MemberMember
(@peaches24)

Posted : 12/22/2013 8:48 am

Your acnes very mild. Stick to bp at worst it will heal the redness. Are you getting more and more pimples everyday or has the breakouts stopped?

The last one I had was a few days ago and the one before that was two weeks ago but the one before THAT was 4/5 months ago!

MemberMember
(@markd343)

Posted : 12/22/2013 12:51 pm

That's good lol. Most people on here get 4-10 new pimples a day. So you don't suffer from everyday breakouts. Could be the creams your using.

MemberMember
(@brandylad)

Posted : 12/22/2013 1:49 pm

serious skin envy lol! would love my skin to look as good as yours! maybe a mild natural cleanser could work for you providing the issue isn't internally related

MemberMember
(@peaches24)

Posted : 12/22/2013 4:52 pm

That's good lol. Most people on here get 4-10 new pimples a day. So you don't suffer from everyday breakouts. Could be the creams your using.

haha thanks, I guess I should be thankful it's not everyday! but it's still annoying having more because I just think "when will they stop!?" I am trying to work on my diet for the next week to see if there is an improvement.

serious skin envy lol! would love my skin to look as good as yours! maybe a mild natural cleanser could work for you providing the issue isn't internally related

thanks a lot :)

MemberMember
(@kylenea)

Posted : 12/22/2013 9:03 pm

Hey! I too have had clear skin almost my whole life, until I started getting an occasional hormonal cyst during my menstural cycle.

Anyway, since I began to get the occasional cyst, I changed my skincare and foundation routine. Since then, I've been ocassionally getting pimples that look like that. They are small and red, and often do not come to a head but are not cystic. I'm assuming it's cosmetic acne and caused by one of your current skin care or beauty products. As soon as I isolate the skin care variable, and remove that product from my routine, my similar cosmetic acne always clears back and does not routine.

Just recently, I had a product breakout and had similar acne on my left cheek. After much TLC it is now clear.

I would recommend really examining your routine!

Good luck!

MemberMember
(@gracie25)

Posted : 01/07/2014 6:38 pm

I have the same problem! My skin is clear except my cheeks. I have 2 pimples under the skin that have been there for almost 2 months now. I also have a ton of red marks that are taking FOREVER to fade. I am now using epiduo, hopefully it will help...

What type of make up do you use?

MemberMember
(@tezzallen313)

Posted : 01/11/2014 11:57 pm

I would absolutely love to have skin like yours. Your acne is extremely mild!