Notifications
Clear all

Probiotics Destroyed My Cystic Acne

MemberMember
(@cocoloraine)

Posted : 12/10/2013 1:57 pm

Just wanted to share with everyone how I have been successfully clearing my skin.

First of all, I battled acne through middle school and high school until I went on Yaz. For four years I had beautiful clear skin. Then I had to change birth controls. From the summer of 2012 til the summer of 2013 I went on two or three different birth controls, all which did horrible things for my acne. It was the worst it had ever been. This past July I decided to end birth control and change my diet. I eliminated dairy and gluten and reduced my sugar intake significantly. Only small results occurred, much to my disappointment.

BUT, I believe I have discovered the key to curing my acne and that would be probiotics. I use them to my advantage both topically and internally. I drink kombucha every day and take a probiotic supplement a couple times a week while every morning and night dabbing my face with organic apple cider vinegar.

My skin reacted almost immediately. Cystic zits simply stopped plaguing my face, like they had been for the past 18 months. I still am getting small zits (they don't even compare to the massive painful cysts that would take weeks to heal) but I have a feeling it's just old shit in my pores coming out. Cannot believe the difference in my skin in such a short amount of time. Every day I look in the mirror and I am shocked to see that no new cysts have appeared. I am SO pleased and I can't believe that the answer for me was so simple.

My mom suffered from horrible cystic acne from 21 til her mid forties and I just could not accept that as my own fate. After months of trying different treatments, this one has produced by far the best results and I strongly urge everyone to try at least the ACV! I really look forward to seeing my skin in the months to come. :):)

MemberMember
(@brandylad)

Posted : 12/10/2013 2:22 pm

i have been on probiotics for around 4 months and have yet to see results like yours but i am sure they are only around the corner, i have been on some form of antibiotics for close to 10 years so i realise there is alot of internal damage i need to correct! how long have you been taking the probiotics and what strength are they? p.s. well done on your improvements, glad you've found something that works for you

MemberMember
(@cocoloraine)

Posted : 12/10/2013 11:55 pm

I highly suggest trying a half organic ACV half water combination toner, which is what I use 2x a day. I honestly think the ACV is what has caused most changes.

Be sure to keep a small piece of the mother in your toner bottle and you should use only glass, no plastic. I saw differences in my skin within a week so you should know if this will help your acne pretty quickly I'd imagine.

And to answer your question I've been at this for maybe two months or so, with steadily increasing results. Curing acne is certainly not an immediately satisfying endeavor.

MemberMember
(@brandylad)

Posted : 12/11/2013 6:31 am

interesting, i have been using ACV but as a condiment on food rather than topically, i will give this a try today!

MemberMember
(@user354689)

Posted : 12/12/2013 5:40 pm

Just wanted to share with everyone how I have been successfully clearing my skin.

First of all, I battled acne through middle school and high school until I went on Yaz. For four years I had beautiful clear skin. Then I had to change birth controls. From the summer of 2012 til the summer of 2013 I went on two or three different birth controls, all which did horrible things for my acne. It was the worst it had ever been. This past July I decided to end birth control and change my diet. I eliminated dairy and gluten and reduced my sugar intake significantly. Only small results occurred, much to my disappointment.

BUT, I believe I have discovered the key to curing my acne and that would be probiotics. I use them to my advantage both topically and internally. I drink kombucha every day and take a probiotic supplement a couple times a week while every morning and night dabbing my face with organic apple cider vinegar.

My skin reacted almost immediately. Cystic zits simply stopped plaguing my face, like they had been for the past 18 months. I still am getting small zits (they don't even compare to the massive painful cysts that would take weeks to heal) but I have a feeling it's just old shit in my pores coming out. Cannot believe the difference in my skin in such a short amount of time. Every day I look in the mirror and I am shocked to see that no new cysts have appeared. I am SO pleased and I can't believe that the answer for me was so simple.

My mom suffered from horrible cystic acne from 21 til her mid forties and I just could not accept that as my own fate. After months of trying different treatments, this one has produced by far the best results and I strongly urge everyone to try at least the ACV! I really look forward to seeing my skin in the months to come. smile.png🙂

thank you for sharing.

what is the name of the probiotic supplement that you use?