Notifications
Clear all

How Can This Possibly Break Me Out?

MemberMember
(@whitehatok)

Posted : 12/03/2013 4:57 pm

I have been using this mineral foundation that is very pure and says it may contain mica, yet I seem to still be breaking out from using it. How?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mineral-Hygienics-Foundation-Fairly-Light/dp/B003J42FIY/

I just dont seem to see what could be causing it.

Ingredients

Titanium Dioxide, zinc oxide, iron oxide, may contain mica
Product Description

Approved by plastic surgeons and dermatologists, the formulation is pure enough to use on acne, rosacea, post-op skin, post-dermabrasion treatments and all other skin conditions. It won't clog pores or settle in wrinkles, so you can be confident that your flaws are airbrushed away!Our mission at Mineral Hygienics is to be the premier cosmetic manufacturer focusing on using natural products to promote health. We use natural ingredients to develop superior cosmetics that meet and exceed customer expectations we will not compromise on quality. We simply deliver an honest product backed by solid research, input from dermatologists and other skin experts, and continuous testing to meet the latest standards for cosmetic safety.
MemberMember
(@interested19)

Posted : 12/03/2013 7:17 pm

Maybe its not the makeup, but the acne products your using or your diet?

But if it is the makeup, I can suggest to use priori coffeeberry mineral foundation, this is the only foundation that doesnt break me out (touch wood)

MemberMember
(@whitehatok)

Posted : 12/04/2013 7:50 am

I honestly would have expected more advice than this, although maybe this forum doesn't have any ideas.

MemberMember
(@calumma)

Posted : 12/04/2013 12:23 pm

I used to break out from brushes. The kabuki brush and the movement I made when applying the powder was enough to irritate my skin to break me out. Also with acne skin, you have to disinfect your kabuki brush extremely often, at least once a week. Ot does not only have the ability to store and spread powder very well, the same things unfortunately cound for skin debris and germs.

MemberMember
(@smichelle)

Posted : 12/14/2013 5:54 pm

Hey! Honestly,I still got clogged pores from my mineral makeup too. I was using body shop loose minerals and it had the exact same ingredients and it still seemed to be clogging me! I couldn't ever figure it out either... I think maybe they stick to moisturizers we use and cause some clogging.

MemberMember
(@kylenea)

Posted : 12/14/2013 8:05 pm

Do you have a list of the rest of the ingredients?

Google "comedogenic ingredients" and find a website that contains a list of common ingredients in skin care and makeup. Once you have the list, cross-check each ingredient in the foundation. Many products make claims that are not substantiated and may still cause irritation and even acne.

Good luck!