Notifications
Clear all

How Do You Control Teenage Male Hormones?

MemberMember
(@knak14)

Posted : 11/22/2013 11:01 am

Hi, I've been an acne sufferer for about 2-3 years and I'm wondering if there are any supplements or foods that can somewhat control my hormones to a certain degree. I'm a healthy 18 year old guy and strongly believe that my biggest cause for acne are my hormones. Lately, I have been sticking to a natural approach into curing my acne by exercising more and eating healthier, and i feel that controlling my hormones would stabilize my acne a lot more. I know there are several causes to acne, and I feel that tackling each aspect would maximize my chances of curing it. So, I was wondering if anyone has any supplements or food ideas that could possibly control my raging hormones?

Thanks in advance.

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 11/22/2013 12:34 pm

i3c and DIM supplement has cleared my hormonal acne

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 11/22/2013 2:09 pm

Hi, I've been an acne sufferer for about 2-3 years and I'm wondering if there are any supplements or foods that can somewhat control my hormones to a certain degree. I'm a healthy 18 year old guy and strongly believe that my biggest cause for acne are my hormones. Lately, I have been sticking to a natural approach into curing my acne by exercising more and eating healthier, and i feel that controlling my hormones would stabilize my acne a lot more. I know there are several causes to acne, and I feel that tackling each aspect would maximize my chances of curing it. So, I was wondering if anyone has any supplements or food ideas that could possibly control my raging hormones?

Thanks in advance.

- Saw palmetto

- Stinging nettle

- Pumpkin seed oil

- Avoiding dairy, protein shakes / workout supplements, caffeine, sugar, and refined carbs

- Maintaing a regular sleep schedule

MemberMember
(@knak14)

Posted : 11/22/2013 8:56 pm

Thanks in advance.

- Saw palmetto

- Stinging nettle

- Pumpkin seed oil

- Avoiding dairy, protein shakes / workout supplements, caffeine, sugar, and refined carbs

Hey, thanks for your reply I really appreciate it.

So, I was reading you "How to Treat Hormonal Acne" post and it really started to make sense for me. The question I have is which of the anti-androgen herbal supplements you mentioned would be the most effective in combination. For example saw palmetto and pumpkin seed oil, or stinging nettle and pygeum, etc.

Thanks.

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 11/23/2013 11:59 am

Thanks in advance.

- Saw palmetto

- Stinging nettle

- Pumpkin seed oil

So, I was reading you "How to Treat Hormonal Acne" post and it really started to make sense for me. The question I have is which of the anti-androgen herbal supplements you mentioned would be the most effective in combination. For example saw palmetto and pumpkin seed oil, or stinging nettle and pygeum, etc.

Thanks.

Saw Palmetto and Stinging Nettle have a synergistic action. This is a good supplement that combines both.

MemberMember
(@knak14)

Posted : 11/23/2013 7:09 pm

On 11/23/2013 at 10:59 PM, Green Gables said:
On 11/23/2013 at 7:56 AM, knak14 said:
On 11/23/2013 at 1:09 AM, Green Gables said:
On 11/22/2013 at 10:01 PM, knak14 said:

Thanks in advance.

- Saw palmetto

- Stinging nettle

- Pumpkin seed oil

Thanks.

Saw Palmetto and Stinging Nettle have a synergistic action. This is a good supplement that combines both.

So I tried finding something like the one you suggested on the Japanese Amazon store (since I currently reside their) but I had no luck in finding one that has Saw Palmetto and the Stinging Nettle. What I did find was one which included the Palmetto and Pygeum into one supplement. https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B000168GKE

I'm not sure whether or not I should go ahead and purchase this or buy the Palmetto and Nettle supplements separately.

Thanks.

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 11/23/2013 11:50 pm

On 11/24/2013 at 6:09 AM, knak14 said:

Thanks in advance.

- Saw palmetto

- Stinging nettle

- Pumpkin seed oil

Thanks.

So I tried finding something like the one you suggested on the Japanese Amazon store (since I currently reside their) but I had no luck in finding one that has Saw Palmetto and the Stinging Nettle. What I did find was one which included the Palmetto and Pygeum into one supplement. https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B000168GKE

I'm not sure whether or not I should go ahead and purchase this or buy the Palmetto and Nettle supplements separately.

Thanks.

Pygeum is commonly combined with SP as well. I would just use that one.

MemberMember
(@knak14)

Posted : 11/24/2013 5:28 am

On 11/24/2013 at 10:50 AM, Green Gables said:

Thanks in advance.

- Saw palmetto

- Stinging nettle

- Pumpkin seed oil

Thanks.

Thanks.

Thanks for all your help!

MemberMember
(@knak14)

Posted : 11/24/2013 9:27 pm

On 11/24/2013 at 10:50 AM, Green Gables said:

Thanks in advance.

- Saw palmetto

- Stinging nettle

- Pumpkin seed oil

Thanks.

Thanks.

Oh and one more thing if that's alright. I was just wondering why it's more effective when you combine SP with something else.

Sorry to bother you so much!

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 11/24/2013 9:47 pm

Each herb works through slightly different mechanisms. So you are attacking the acne from two slightly different angles.

MemberMember
(@knak14)

Posted : 12/05/2013 10:31 pm

Each herb works through slightly different mechanisms. So you are attacking the acne from two slightly different angles.

Hey, sorry for disturbing you again but I have a question about the nettle. I can find nettle root and nettle leaf but I can't seem to find stinging nettle. Are there any differences?