Notifications
Clear all

More Acne From Moving?!

MemberMember
(@ohhhhhhnooooooo)

Posted : 11/19/2013 9:36 pm

Hi everyone!

So I've been having some skin problems the last few months and it's been quite stressful. Couple months ago, I had fairly clear skin; I applied benzoyl peroxide every day and it seemed to be okay. After a month or so, I moved from an off-campus apartment to an on-campus college apartment and I noticed a lot of problems with my skin. For some reason, my face would have bad reactions from using benzoyl peroxide. Since my face wasn't cooperating with the benzoyl peroxide, I ended up not using it and only using face wash. Due to not using benzoyl peroxide, I noticed that my face has become very oily and I've noticed a lot more bumps/blackheads on my face. I wash my pillow case/bed sheets almost weekly and I wash my face towel every week. I exercise almost everyday and I eat really healthy (no fried/greasy/fattening food). I also use a Clean and Clear Blackhead Erasing Mask from time to time. Does anyone have any suggestions to what I should try next?

Thanks for your time!

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 11/19/2013 10:45 pm

I can think of a few reasons for your increased breakouts:

- Stress from moving

- Change in the water quality. On campus housing usually has harsh, unfiltered water, so maybe the change in water quality has upset the PH of your skin. My skin always gets irritated while traveling, especially when I wash with hotel water, and it's because of the change in PH.

- Maybe get an AC filter and/or air purifier, and air out your bedroom.