Notifications
Clear all

Thin Skin = Faster Recovery ?

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 11/18/2013 8:14 pm

i rarely get on acne on my forehead but when i do it clears up really fast and the scar disappear in like a week

so could it be that thin skin deals with acne and scars way easy ? because it has less skin to exfoliate the dead skin and faster recovery ?

MemberMember
(@cc12)

Posted : 11/18/2013 10:00 pm

Eh. I don't think so. I have extremely thin skin, and if anything, I've found that it's more problematic (my skin breaks very easily, especially around pimples, so if I'm not extremely careful when tending to them, I'm left with awful scabs that take forever to heal).

EDIT: It could just be that your forehead break outs are less severe than the acne you get elsewhere.

MemberMember
(@interested19)

Posted : 11/18/2013 10:32 pm

Yes this is COMPLETELY true and I have noticed and agonised over it. I used to only have acne on my chin and forehead mostly and it went away much quicker than my cheek acne, which for the first time I suffered really bad this year. Cheek acne is more prone to scarring because it has thicker skin than the rest of the face. Also red marks are more then likely to stay a much much longer time on the cheek.

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 11/18/2013 10:49 pm

Yes this is COMPLETELY true and I have noticed and agonised over it. I used to only have acne on my chin and forehead mostly and it went away much quicker than my cheek acne, which for the first time I suffered really bad this year. Cheek acne is more prone to scarring because it has thicker skin than the rest of the face. Also red marks are more then likely to stay a much much longer time on the cheek.

im glad im not the only one who notices and yes i agree on cheek being more prone to scarring too because i dont have any scars except on my cheeks

edit: so now i think that products that make your skin thinner would help with scarring alot after you get rid of acne completely first it only makes sense to me idk