Notifications
Clear all

Washing Away Heads

MemberMember
(@simon12345)

Posted : 11/10/2013 2:37 am

Whenever i am washing my face while i have a pimple or a few, i always accidentaly rub off the head of the pimple. I know that picking at pimples is bad so im assuming this is bad as well? Any thoughts?

MemberMember
(@mrsrobinson)

Posted : 11/10/2013 6:02 am

that is fine, just dry off carefully (this is why you have to change towels frequently) and I would spot apply some salicylic acid, for me it dries a pimple faster then BP does. After that is dry just go through your normal routine.

The big no no is picking, squeezing, constant touching...this is all together different.

(@LewisS)

Posted : 11/10/2013 8:15 am

You shouldn't really be 'rubbing' hard enough to take the head off a spot. I would say try to be more gentle when you cleanse, barely even touching your skin, just move the cleanser around. Prematurely removing the head off a spot will just cause it to become irritated and you will spread the acne bacteria around your face as you cleanse.

Admittedly, I used to do this purposely. I would wash with extremely hot water and scrub my face as hard as I could to take off the whiteheads. Not a good idea. My acne was at its worst, until I started being gentle and only using tepid water.